Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Worried I will be cut off. Going into hospital for 3 weeks.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcoventry Posted - 05 May 2012 : 17:31:27
I put my phone bill on my SOA which is £35 a month but the bill is overdue. Can I pay it or can a relative pay it for me? I am worried I will be cut off. I need it shortly to keep me entertained in Hospital for 3 weeks!

Thanks
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 21 May 2012 : 20:57:09
HSBC and First Direct are famous for closing accounts - even if they aren't creditors.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Viki.W Posted - 21 May 2012 : 20:16:49
Sorry Tracey. Posted at the same time!

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Viki.W Posted - 21 May 2012 : 20:15:22
Because First Direct would have shut the account down once Tracey was bankrupt.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Skippy Posted - 21 May 2012 : 20:13:44
Because they are linked to HSBC who are one of the worst banks out there. When I went into my IVA Natwest were brilliant but I can't see First Direct being like that! They trawl the insolvency register and close the account of people who are BR or in an IVA.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
year 2029 Posted - 21 May 2012 : 20:07:38
Why was it a result not to be accepted by first direct?
Skippy Posted - 21 May 2012 : 19:25:02
I had the same problem - I was turned down for an account with First Direct (a result with hindsight!) but was able to open a full account with Natwest.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 21 May 2012 : 18:44:13
I do disagree - if you look at the sister forum you will see several posters on there who are excellent in dealing with defaults, credit scores etc and will tell you that the potential lender will apply their own criteria.

For example, when I still had a good credit rating I applied for a full Nationwide account and was turned down despite much arguing with them - I went across the road to Barclays and was given a full account with cheque book etc and a credit card as I was at the top of their lending criteria!

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Skippy Posted - 21 May 2012 : 18:35:33
Credit score don't necessarily make any difference whatsoever as my many creditors have their own criteria. In the past I have applied for accounts and been turned down because I didn't meet the lender's criteria even though I had no problems with my credit file.

debtinfo Posted - 21 May 2012 : 18:22:49
quote:
Originally posted by pcoventry

Thanks

Im hoping that he keeps it - it surely can't be an asset of mine if I don't own it and have never paid a penny towards it?

Generally as a fall back position it would be considered that the person who bought something is the owner. But i would disagree that it could never be classed as yours because you did not pay for it. Consider this, if a person turned up and told you he was giving you something and never wanted it back. Would you not then consider the item to be yours despite never paying for it?

Of course proving that something has been given from one person to the other is much more difficult than proving who originally bought it
pcoventry Posted - 21 May 2012 : 18:11:36
Defaults. Amounts of credit applied for in the past 6 months, to detect fraud. Spending patterns.

Or they used to. But they don't get the entire file to look at like we can. That would be against DPA I am sure. They just get a decision based on what a computer calculates.
year 2029 Posted - 21 May 2012 : 18:07:27
So what do the lenders look at??
pcoventry Posted - 21 May 2012 : 17:57:45
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

pcoventry - scores on your credit record mean absolutely nothing, it's what the lenders look at that counts.

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Sorry but I disagree. Im very hot on credit scoring!

It's also down to the amount of credit applied for over the last 6 month period. If you have defaults etc then you won't have a high score so I disagree a high score it through careful managing of credit. The scares range from 300-1001 the higher the better. Often a score can tell a lender what they need to know.

If you disagree that's fine. I've been monitoring my credit files for years hence why I knew where I was heading regarding BR. I am not here to challenge your knowledge and I ask you to respect mine. Because if mine is wrong then so is the working guidelines of Experian to which I have access.
Niobe Posted - 21 May 2012 : 17:37:09
pcoventry - scores on your credit record mean absolutely nothing, it's what the lenders look at that counts.

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

pcoventry Posted - 21 May 2012 : 15:06:56
Thanks

Im hoping that he keeps it - it surely can't be an asset of mine if I don't own it and have never paid a penny towards it?
year 2029 Posted - 21 May 2012 : 15:01:10
I hope he gets to keep the car.

As my post with regards to asset disposal, I never had my name on the log book on a car, but it was deemed to be mine to give away as I proved I actually bought it.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page