Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Affidavit. Do I need to get this sworn before I go to court ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcoventry Posted - 28 April 2012 : 14:41:34
I am filing out my forms and i see there's a affidavit or whatever it's called.

Do I need to get this sworn before i go to court? or is it done on the day? I'm leaving things a bit late if it's the former!

Thanks

Pete
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry Posted - 06 May 2012 : 15:08:36
I think they realise that now - well it's my mum mainly. My dad knows the score. He was the one I talked the BR through with!
Niobe Posted - 06 May 2012 : 08:26:43
It would be illegal anyway now that you are bankrupt. Your parents need no worry, they are perfectly safe.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

pcoventry Posted - 05 May 2012 : 21:04:16
Yup I keep telling them that.

Thanks for confirming Jan :)
Niobe Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:59:15
No one will turn up your parents address. It is your name that will appear on there, not theirs.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
pcoventry Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:48:38
I am not worried about waiting. At least I know no creditors are coming here now.. My parents are convinced someone will turn up at theirs because their address is on the IS register. I keep telling them that no one will because it's against the law now but they wont listen :/
Skippy Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:46:11
I was made BR on 29th March and my OR interview was 10th April - unfortunately it's a case of just waiting.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
pcoventry Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:45:29
Thanks I will ring them on Monday. I need to know if my Barclays Cash Card Account is safe for the moment. I also opened a Co-Op one the same day I was BR. I understand this is allowed? I have seen others say they opened once before but these still get frozen as the paperwork states - that right?
debtinfo Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:39:02
Thats about right, the target for interviews is within 10 working days of them receiving you bankruptcy order, do feel free to ring them before that though if there is something urgent you need to speak to the about
pcoventry Posted - 05 May 2012 : 20:07:47
OR s ringing me on the 15th of May at 10am. I was hoping it would be sooner I feel like I am in limbo lol
pcoventry Posted - 04 May 2012 : 17:59:47
Yes I twigged that when I looked at ones on the 3rd of May and they were the 26th April.

Thats good most people have forgotten in a week :)
Skippy Posted - 04 May 2012 : 09:36:50
Your name won't appear in the London Gazette immediately - I think mine took a week or so, although I can't find myself on there now to check.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
pcoventry Posted - 04 May 2012 : 05:14:00
Well unless the website is wrong I don't appear to have been put in the London Gazette which is odd.

not that it matters in the grand scheme of things.
pcoventry Posted - 03 May 2012 : 23:21:30
HI Tracey

Barclays isn't either to be fair. It does take a few days but it does take it from the balance when you have logged back in again.

Anyway it's time I handled my money now that I am finally debt free. It's been a very rocky 2 years and I am surprised I managed to go 2 years without actually getting any court action against me or a CCJ!

I've just looked at my credit file and I can see the BR has put it down to the lowest it can be. However for some reason my landlord score is still as it was before. Not that it matters my landlord only cares if I stop with the rent
Skippy Posted - 03 May 2012 : 22:08:36
I used to be with the Co-op and I only went into the branch once and that was to open the account. The call centre staff are excellent so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Regarding the Co-op online banking, you also need to bear in mind that it isn't 'real time' and payments can take a couple of days to show on your account. I kept a spreadsheet (still do) and logged everything on there so I always knew exactly what I had in the account.

My Mum helped me out when I was BR. She didn't give me money but helped out by buying food and other things we needed.

pcoventry Posted - 03 May 2012 : 13:44:44
I had a few DC letters today so I did the decent thing and rang them and told them. Giving them what they wanted. Im on the register so they can verify it in a flash.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page