Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 The OR has decided how much I need to live on

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stubie Posted - 27 June 2012 : 00:07:42
£1095. That's the magic figure. My rent and council tax are £700. Not much left.

My entitlement and benefits income is £1238. I now have an IPA of £143 pm.

If I want to quit benefits and get a proper job (difficult at 62 but I'm up for it) I could earn another £500 per month probably......and hand it all over to tax, NI and the OR! What a disincentive!

If they only relaxed the rules and allowed people to keep some of their increases, I for one would be contributing to society again by paying tax and NI, the tax-payer would be saved £15Kpa, the government would benenfit too from this and the tax and NI as well as taxes on my greater spending power, the creditors and insolvency service would have a larger pot whilst leaving me a little extra for all the extra hard work I'm putting in. And incentivising me to earn even more.

Nah! I'll stay at home, do nothing and have the same money!

Ridiculous!

Regards
Stuart
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 21:48:59
we'll agree to disagree then, because you did miss it
;-)

Lets leave it at that. We're way off thread as well.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 21:24:23
Too many nasty insects in Australia for me!! I love snakes and lizards but spiders etc., leave me cold.

I would love to go and see Komodo Dragons in their natural habitat and to see Humpback whales would be a dream come true.

2029 - we will have to agree to disagree on whether or not I got your point. I didn't miss it.

Ascend may you find no resistance
Know that you made such a difference
All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again

year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 20:11:29
I agree about Australia, that'd be high up on my list.

So would Norway ;-)

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Skippy Posted - 29 June 2012 : 19:48:26
Ideally I'd be opening my cat sanctuary in Australia as I would love to live there!

I wouldn't say no to living in the US either, but Australia would be my first choice.

There is one problem with my cats' home - I'd end up keeping them all!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 18:26:52
There's no point going around in circles :-(
From your earlier reply you have missed the point I was trying to make, but it doesn't matter.

I've also stayed in Arkansas and Nebraska. Enjoyed my time there, but still longed to be home in blighty ;-)

--------------
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 18:06:37
No, I didn't miss the point.

I have been to a few places in the States. Done a fair few places in Florida, worked in Washington State for a couple of months, done the West Coast and a lot of New York and surrounding areas (we have friends who live there). I would happily go anywhere over there.

My dream is to go storm chasing over there,

year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 17:50:16
I think you still have missed the point, but not to worry.

The USA is probably quite low down on my list of alternative countries to live in, albeit a huge and diverse, but as I said, that's what makes us different!
Where in particular do you like, as I've travelled a little over there.

--------------
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 15:10:30
I'd be in the USA if I had the chance - travelled there extensively and have some good friends on both sides of the country.

I didn't miss your point and appreciate it was tongue in cheek - I just don't consider looking after animals as work!!

year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 14:51:30
I think you've missed my point about 'work'. Not to worry.

As regards our great country, it might seem like its gone to the dogs, but its a long way off the plight of some countries.

I've travelled extensively, and would still return to blighty.
Depends where you live I guess, but that's what makes us all unique I'm sure you'll agree.

--------------
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 14:26:27
I'd be long gone from here - the country has gone to the dogs and I really feel for youngsters venturing into the workplace today and looking for somewhere to live.

A cat sanctuary would be a labour of love (if you like cats) I wouldn't class it as work as such.

year 2029 Posted - 29 June 2012 : 13:56:52
I'd continue travelling, but always return to blighty.

Id also consider your cat sanctuary to be 'work' ;-)

--------------
Skippy Posted - 29 June 2012 : 13:55:27
We've only got the one cat and as much as I want at least one more (rescued obviously) I don't think Harry would like it. I keep toying with the idea but OH isn't keen and I'd hate to upset Harry as he's quite sensitive to change - he pulled out a lot of his fur last year when the neighbours had building work done.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 13:24:02
We have three rescue dogs - a lurcher, a Heinz 57(with some Staffie) and a very feisty Rusell. We also have a guide dog when our daughter and her husband are here - that's a houseful and I wouldn't be doing anymore at the moment!

Melanie.n Posted - 29 June 2012 : 13:20:34
It'd would be to expand my dog fostering - buy a small holding and rescue more animals especially horses. My home has now reached its capacity with 3 full grown ex puppy farm labs and a 13 week old lab puppy...I have been informed by my other half that no more are to arrive..... but who knows...both sons will be at Uni and moved out come September, that leaves more space....

To be honest half a million would do - i would not want to be greedy...but i would most definately give up work and concentrate on rescuing animals

Melanie Nicholas CertDR
30+years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service and the past 8 years with a number of IP firms.

If I can be of any help to you in any way or answer any queries, concerns or worries you may have, or with completing the forms for bankruptcy, please do not hesitate to get in touch -I can be contacted via the experts tab
Niobe Posted - 29 June 2012 : 13:17:06
I'd be out of this country like a shot!!!!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page