Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I thought once I was discharged that was the end of it ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John.sp Posted - 12 July 2012 : 10:11:48
I've been discharged for over a year now and have just received a letter from the receiver saying they have just been through bank statements for the 12 months prior to bankruptcy and have a number of questions for me.
At what point do they stop asking questions? I thought once I was discharged that was the end of it?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 27 July 2012 : 07:57:51
I hope you get it all sorted soon John and can move on.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:47:16
Niobe, I meant to add it on the other thread, which I have whilst you've replied.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:44:55
Why was it entered in error? I'm sure people would like to read of your journey through BR.

Ascend may you find no resistance
Know that you made such a difference
All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again

Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:43:07
You can start a blog - post a link in your signature and you'll be amazed how many people will read it.

People can post a comment on there and it will be emailed to you for you to either accept or otherwise.

Be aware that there are a lot of spam comments which will be emailed to you.

year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:41:01
entered in error.
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:37:54
Its normal for them to want to know where your money has gone, and for you to be able to account for it.

I drew a substantial amount (well, I think substantial) out of my account within 2 years of me going bankrupt.

I then had to produce a spreadsheet of where the money had gone to the best of my ability, which was incredibly difficult.

They realise that the vast majority of people dont plan to go bankrupt and hide stuff in advance, its just a predicament we unfortunately end up in.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:05:43
I'm sure you'll be fine John.

Skippy Posted - 26 July 2012 : 18:56:42
I hope you get this sorted out soon John. It's not nice to have this hanging over you (even though I'm sure there's nothing to worry about!), especially after you are discharged.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
John.St Posted - 26 July 2012 : 09:05:00
Sorry I didn't meant to worry people. I think they have just taken an inordinate amount of time to get copies of and go through my statements. The questions I am being asked are about transactions on my account in the 12 months prior to bankruptcy NOT since. e.g. I used to have a billing account which I paid £300 into each month up until the point of bankruptcy. They want the details of those transactions because although it was included in the bankruptcy it is not clear from the statement which account the money was going into. (The reference on the statement was my name not an account number), so could easily be a slush fund I suppose.
I was just a little surprised at the time taken is all as I assumed that was the end of it once discharged, but like people say if you have nothing to hide its nothing to worry about, although a little stressful keep getting letters so long after the event.

year 2029 Posted - 24 July 2012 : 20:48:57
Most worried,

I know what you mean by your comments, as it took me a little by surprise.

The way I see it, I've not hidden anything from my trustee, had most things dealt with apart from some property which may take a while, but apart from that, (IVA situation unknown at the moment), I intend to get on with my life and see it as a fresh start/clean break.

My trustees have been great, so hearing from them about developments with regards to my property won't be any great shakes!

I totally know what you mean about shopping and receipts, as I've never bought anything I shouldn't of, but once BR is over, I can buy the odd bottle of wine again ;-)

Chin up!

--------------
debtinfo Posted - 24 July 2012 : 18:38:53
You are free to get on with your life, you only need to worry if you havent been completely honest with your OR, think of anything else as just finishing the admin, for some people some assets take longer than others to deal with, but that doesent stop you getting on with your life, it only affects the things that are hanging on from before the bankrupty, even if you have done something untoward before bankruptcy then if you have been honest about it then the OR should complete their investigations within the 12 months.
year 2029 Posted - 24 July 2012 : 11:06:02
I guess this one will be for debtinfo to answer.

--------------
Most worried Posted - 24 July 2012 : 09:41:39
Hi everyone

I am absolutely certain that I speak for allot of people when I say that reading this post hasnt had the most positive impact on my BR-experience!?!
I was discharged in June 2011 without any IPA etc and hadnt been on any mortgage etc....but now Im thinking that my life still hangs on in the 'balance' of my OR somewhere...???
Im now really depressed about the thought that in actual fact Im not 'free' to get on with my life at all!?? Maybe out of the blue my OR could ring and ask why I spendt £40 in Tesco in Feb 2011??
My case was according to experts a pretty straight forward one with no assets and I did have compensation given to me from a car accident, but that took over 2 years and a whole heap of medical help due to badly damaged back/proven by doctor.

So please tell me if at all us ex BR are ever going to be able to let go of this and really get on in life...??

....so depressed...just totally deflated!!

John.St Posted - 21 July 2012 : 08:32:20
Anna you are discharged automatically after 12 months unless you hear anything to the contrary, but as I am finding out that does not necessarily mean the OR has stopped going through things. It means you are discharged from your debt but the OR can continue to investigate after the date. Assuming you have nothing to hide though the worst is over and you are on the way back now :)

Anna Posted - 20 July 2012 : 14:44:47
I have just under 3 weeks till discharge and the OR looked into my bank statements as far back as 3 years and sent me a letter with some questions which i promptly replied to and have spoken to them since regarding creditors with no mention of statements. This was about 3 months into BR. So since i only have 3 weeks left will i hear from OR again or is that it once im discharged? Regards Anna

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page