Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 My Car is on finance will the courts be able to take it ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dina.12 Posted - 31 July 2012 : 16:11:06
My Car is on finance will the courts be able to take it?

I am a teacher will I still be able to work as a teacher?

How long does this stay on my file?

Am I aloud to keep my bank accounts?

Please can you send me any information that you think will help me.

Kind regards,
Dina

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
year 2029 Posted - 01 August 2012 : 10:32:09
Exactly why I said it.
Theres been a few changes off topic.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
Skippy Posted - 01 August 2012 : 10:26:06
I don't think it's a problem - bank accounts (and Nationwide in particular) have been discussed in this thread before it went off track because of my name change.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
year 2029 Posted - 01 August 2012 : 10:21:11
Might've been better to start a new thread?

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Skippy Posted - 01 August 2012 : 10:06:46
I was told by the Co-op that I would have to wait until my BR dropped off my credit file and I think that Nationwide might be the same. It might be worth a phone call to find out though.

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
xmas baby Posted - 01 August 2012 : 09:55:08
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help. I was discharged from bankruptcy back in March 2010 and my IPA finally ceased in July 2012. While I was bankrupt I had 2 accounts, one with the Nationwide, the other with the Coop. I had basic accounts with each and could use my debit card for cash machine and online purchases. I had no overdraft facility or anything else on these accounts. What I would like to know is, would I be able to get a current account now that I am discharged or would I have to wait until after the 6 year period when my credit file is cleared? I am not looking into having an overdraft necessarily, but just want to get back to normal and have a current account. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

xmas baby
Skippy Posted - 01 August 2012 : 09:43:14
I really wouldn't worry about it as I'm sure it's not going to cause a big problem.

As far as I know there isn't any way of seeing posters' previous names and, anyway, it would defeat the object of changing a name!!!

Only admin can change a poster's name.

year 2029 Posted - 01 August 2012 : 09:34:20
I'm not saying you shouldn't. Its just that quite a few posters have referred to you by your previous name and it could be confusing when people trawl the threads, that's all.
For example, I've been actively posting on here for a while and didn't know you were originally 'skippy'. Is there a way to see posters previous incarnations?
How do you change your name?

--------------
Skippy Posted - 01 August 2012 : 08:45:50
Yes, why not?!?! I was Skippy when I first started on here and only changed it when I was admin. As I'm no longer admin I decided I wanted to go back to being Skippy.

year 2029 Posted - 01 August 2012 : 08:40:42
After 3000+ posts?
Do you want me to edit my post with your name? I only included it as your user name was referred to during the thread so as to avoid confusion.

--------------
Skippy Posted - 01 August 2012 : 08:33:57
I decided I no longer wanted my real name on the forum hence the name change.

year 2029 Posted - 31 July 2012 : 23:18:44
Why the name change?

It won't make much sense me having referred to a Tracey now :-(

For those confused who might be lurking etc, Skippy = Tracey

--------------
year 2029 Posted - 31 July 2012 : 20:37:14
Good to hear! You're wedding and my auto discharge from BR will be around the same time

--------------
Skippy Posted - 31 July 2012 : 20:27:15
Fine thank you - not long to go now!

year 2029 Posted - 31 July 2012 : 20:24:12
Tracey, I wasn't having a dig at all, would just be good to hear of more peoples experiences.

How's the wedding plans going?

--------------
Skippy Posted - 31 July 2012 : 20:22:10
My BR was actually over 5 years ago, but I was sharing my experiences in the same way as you and other posters do.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page