Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 BR affect on husband to be

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Most worried Posted - 09 July 2012 : 14:29:38
Hi again all.

Been a long time since last posted, been busy getting on with life after BR 2010.
I am marrying my wonderful long time man soon, but just feel sick with worry of my earlier BR will affect him?

We have never had any accounts or debt in joint name.
All my debt was ever only in my name and I never owned/part owned our property.
I was declared BR June 2010 and Discharged June 2011 and have not had any problems since then.
I had one creditor send me a letter demanding money, but I rang them and explained about the BR+ gave the the OR details and never heard from them.

My husband to be has impecable credit scoring and whilst I was in midts of BR he applied for the current mortgage and had no problems.

Im imagining some button being pressed the second I sign the marital papers and he's name is black-marked just because of my earlier error in life.......

Please can anyome give me some advise?

Thanking you again.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 21 August 2012 : 14:33:53
When I did it, there was a form on equifax and experian that you had to fill in. Give experian a call, they should point you in the right direction.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Most worried Posted - 21 August 2012 : 14:26:16
Thank you so much for your replies.

Is there a guide to how a letter of disassociation reads...?
(looks like)

Viki.W Posted - 20 August 2012 : 17:35:55
It sounds like you have no interest at all Most worried. As Niobe has said, you will need to check on experian, equifax and callcredit to see if you are associated, which you probably will be due to the past joint mortgage. You can then both file a letter of disassociation.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 20 August 2012 : 15:52:02
Hi,

If you have seperate finances then your husband will not be affected by your BR. If you want to make doubly sure then he can file the notice of disassociation with the credit agencies.

As regards any BI in the property, hopefully Viki or Debtinfo will be along to advise as I have no idea on that one.
Most worried Posted - 20 August 2012 : 15:42:56
Hei everyone..its me..again :)

Thanks for all the intrest in my post. I would really need one more bit of help.

I'm marriyng my landlord..sort of speak
We lived together for a short while in a different property years ago and when we called our relationship quits he took my name of the mortgage.
My contributions were laughable to say the least and for just a few years.(this is more than 10 years ago)
Instead of me roaming around for place to live I stayed on and this in turn after years and years made us try our realionship again. This happened as he moved to a new bigger property and we decided to move there together. I am not on this mortgage either. Our finances have ALWAYS been separate.Which is just the way we like it and works best for us.I still dont contribute much.

I was never questioned about me being part of any mortgage but thats probably because it was well over 6-7 years ago before I declared BR.

My prime fear is that because I am now marriyng my landlord that the OR can demand beneficial intrest money from all those years ago, even though It was such a small amount of money.....?

The other thing Im worried about is when my husband to be will next apply for a mortgage-even though he will only ever apply in his own name, not joint....will he be affected because Im his wife....?

Does he need to NOW write a letter of disasotiation etc...?

Please could someone help me with these....got my heart in my throat litterally!!

Skippy Posted - 11 July 2012 : 08:41:10
There's nothing wrong with threads going off track now and then (and we were still talking about weddings so not completely off track!) but some of the posts were inappropriate.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
year 2029 Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:52:33
Hopefully the thread can return to BR now.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
Niobe Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:42:40
I agree and apologise also for the hijacking of the original thread.

Ascend may you find no resistance
Know that you made such a difference
All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again

Skippy Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:40:18
I'm sorry but I don't think that is appropriate at all and has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Apologies to Most Worried as it seems that the thread has been diverted from weddings! I hope you have a fantastic day and don't need any of the fashion tips provided by Viki and I!

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:34:13
Sorry but I really don''t care about that and can't see what relevance it has?

Some Carry on films I found funny but Benny Hill was never my cup of tea.

year 2029 Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:31:53
Your replies are funny in themselves ;-)

Did you know Barbara Windsor had 5 abortions!

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Skippy Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:17:41
Neither could I. I never found Carry On films funny either!

Niobe Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:16:15
Never could stand Benny Hill

year 2029 Posted - 10 July 2012 : 22:11:19
Or maybe that's a Benny hill sketch I'm thinking of ;-)

--------------
Niobe Posted - 10 July 2012 : 21:52:28
Don't think so!! I would never put an umbrella up indoors - bad luck!!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page