Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Want to stop my IVA and go bankrupt. What would be the first step ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dawnlougib Posted - 28 September 2012 : 12:45:42
Want to stop my IVA and go bankrupt. What would be the first step
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 03 October 2012 : 17:06:57
Hi Dawn,

Kelly has offered to speak to you, why don't you give her a call.

I'm always here too.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
dawnlougib Posted - 03 October 2012 : 16:54:04
I am just wondering whether because of how much i panic and how i feel at the moment if it would be better for me to get a company to help me through the bankruptcy
Viki.W Posted - 03 October 2012 : 06:36:32
The IVA forum is a great place and you will get lots of support on there and on here so please keep posting on both.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
dawnlougib Posted - 03 October 2012 : 00:31:15
It's just difficult because i feel so down at the moment.
I'm not sure why she wasn't keen but i didn't come away feeling to relaxed that they were going to help.
I know i posted on the iva site because i am currently in one and thought i would post on the bankruptcy one as that is what i intend to do, not wanting to be a pain.
I've got bits and pieces in my head that i need to do it's just putting them in order.
Viki.W Posted - 03 October 2012 : 00:00:22
Hi dawn,

I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

Why was the lady at the CAB not keen on you declaring bankruptcy? It's not really her choice, it's yours. Your only other choice is a debt management plan and from what you have posted on here and also our sister forum, then it sounds like bankruptcy is definitely your best option.

Speak to an expert on here and chat everything through.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
dawnlougib Posted - 02 October 2012 : 23:09:11
Hi i have spoke to a lady at CAB and she was not very keen on me going down the bankruptcy path and wasn't sure on the ins and outs of an iva.
Everyone has been so helpful on here but my head seems to be going round and round in circles. I have so many questions on how i go about getting through this the steps i need to take now that i have decided that this is the path i need to take but i don't want to be a pain or for people to think that i am not paying attention to what i am being told on here. I am listening to all the comments but my head is still filled with questions
Niobe Posted - 02 October 2012 : 08:00:32
Dawn,

If you check out the Debtwizard website they have a free BR guide on there or even have a free chat with one of our experts.

Your creditors are unlikely to start contacting you again until after the IVA has failed and as soon as you get a termination letter you can make that court appointment.
Viki.W Posted - 02 October 2012 : 07:00:30
Hi Dawn,

Why don't you make an appointment at the CAB and have them do it for you.

You can open the Co-op Cashminder prior to bankruptcy and have your benefits transferred over to there. Or you can open a post office account.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
dawnlougib Posted - 02 October 2012 : 01:18:51
It all sounds very scary and i'm not sure if i can do it. It is really starting to affect me as there is so much that i don't know about and am panicking about filling the forms in, whether i will get a court date before creditors come after me and what do i do about my benefits etc that are paid into a bank account.
Viki.W Posted - 01 October 2012 : 23:49:08
You will more than likely have to miss the 3 months payments, then the IP will call a creditors meeting, then they will issue with the letter you need to take to court to say it's failed, so it's a lengthy process.

You need to make an appointment at court for your bankruptcy and take the forms along with you then.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
dawnlougib Posted - 01 October 2012 : 22:08:20
I am going to have to wait to let it fail otherwise i wouldn't have the money to pay the court costs.
Should i just wait until i have missed the payments before i ask for a termination notice as if i ask for it before can they then just fail it straight away and i wouldnt have the time to save. Also when i have filled in the forms do i have to take them in to the court and then make a court date or can i post them to them or do i take the forms with me on the day of the court date.
Niobe Posted - 01 October 2012 : 17:28:40
If you tell them that you wish to go bankrupt and ask for the terminination then they should do that.

I would suggest though that you let it fail and save up the money to pay for the court fees. Your creditors won't pester you at the moment.
dawnlougib Posted - 01 October 2012 : 17:22:18
Will they only issue the termination letter after i have missed 3 payments and the iva has failed?
Niobe Posted - 01 October 2012 : 14:18:58
Speak to them, tell them what you intend to do and ask for a termination letter that you can take to the court.
Viki.W Posted - 01 October 2012 : 13:31:00
You will need to tell your IVA company that you want the IVA to fail.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page