Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Any answers please?.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moneyisthedevil Posted - 16 November 2012 : 10:20:36
Hi everyone. Me and the hubby are currently in an IVA. We have been struggling with it from day one. We have recently decided that it will probably be a better option for us to go bankrupt. We have spoken with our IP and they have agreed that we are struggling and gave us some details of a website to have a look through until we have made our decision.
Question 1.
We currently live in a small 2 bed terraced. We have 2 children (boy and girl) who are having to share a room and this is no longer acceptable, so we need to move. A member of my family would like to rent our house, the rent would only cover the mortgage. There is absolutely no equity in the house. If we were to rent the house to them - would the bankruptcy people take it off us, even though they wouldn't get any money from it??

Question 2.
Would we still be able to have our mobile phones?

Question 3.
If we rent somewhere else and become bankrupt but can still afford the rent (we have a guarantor) - could the rental company make us leave?

Any answers would be most helpful.....
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 19 November 2012 : 10:29:35
I would also add that you are not obtaining services by deception.

You're not requesting credit at all, just opening a new bank account. If the question is asked then you should answer it honestly.

Skippy Posted - 19 November 2012 : 09:43:06
I didn't think you were using the Co-op any more pcoventry?

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
pcoventry Posted - 19 November 2012 : 00:32:11
okay. I've got an account so I was just thinking of others.
Skippy Posted - 18 November 2012 : 14:32:44
If any bank asks you if you are intending to go BR then it wouldn't be a good idea to open the account but, as Viki says, Co-op aren't asking that.

They have also made it clear that any existing accounts are safe.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 18 November 2012 : 14:04:01
I think it does state on the website that existing accounts are ok.
Viki.W Posted - 18 November 2012 : 12:56:06
The Co-op do not ask "are you going to declare bankruptcy in the near future" when opening a Cashminder account pcoventry, so don't worry about breaking any laws! The worst that could happen, is that the withdraw the account.

As I said all my clients have been fine since the announcement.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 18 November 2012 : 11:44:30
The Co-op have stated that anyone with an existing account will be fine.

pcoventry Posted - 18 November 2012 : 10:47:18
okay.

Thing is, Co-OP don't allow people who are BR to take an account. SO if someone gets one then goes BR they do have the right to revoke it? Won't the OR want to know about it and won't it to be included?

Also, (and this is the killer)

Such action falls under obtaining a bank or building society account or credit card services by deception under the Theft act of 1978 (section 1) and as such I believe the authorities might have something to say about it if the bank does question it.

But doesn't affect me so I don't care what others do.
Niobe Posted - 18 November 2012 : 08:33:07
If you are pre BR there shouldn't be a problem.
Viki.W Posted - 18 November 2012 : 07:43:17
I haven't come across it yet, with any of my clients who have gone bankruptcy since the Co-op's announcement, but if it happens, I'll post it on here.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
pcoventry Posted - 18 November 2012 : 00:57:19
Okay. My local branch said otherwise on Friday. They said if it came to light someone opened an account knowing they were going BR they would close it.

It was probably hot air though.
Viki.W Posted - 16 November 2012 : 16:39:59
They have stopped opening accounts for people whilst they are bankrupt. As long as you open it before hand, it's fine.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
pcoventry Posted - 16 November 2012 : 16:22:41
Will the co-op allow that? They dont do that anymore for BR people do they?
moneyisthedevil Posted - 16 November 2012 : 13:00:40
Thank you! xxx
Viki.W Posted - 16 November 2012 : 12:50:11
If you click on the link below and then click "court fees - do I have to pay them" It will give you the information.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/fees

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page