Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Mobile Phones

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dez Posted - 20 May 2013 : 10:53:38
Hi Just want to thank you all for your help in the past, but I have one small question to ask?

I have been trying to get a Tesco Mobile contract which is £20 per month for 24 months, it came back failed my credit check even though I explained this. I am paying O2 £22 per month pay as you go and have been for about 18 months now I want this Tesco mobile at £20 pm saving me £12 per year the contract length is 2 years so I would save £48 in total over 2 years. The woman I spoke to was not helpful even though I could afford it. My credit rating is fair.

I went through bankruptcy in Oct 2009.

Is there anyway I could get this contract? If so How?

I look forward to hearing you all.

Thanks
Dez
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nadineryan Posted - 10 July 2013 : 14:33:54
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

T Mobile are normally pretty good for people with bad credit.

They were very understanding and respectful when I had problems about 2 years ago.
Niobe Posted - 06 June 2013 : 07:47:09
T Mobile are normally pretty good for people with bad credit.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Dez Posted - 06 June 2013 : 04:40:42
I was out of BR in May 2010 early discharge and still cannot get any mobile phone contract. I am just in the middle of cleaning up my credit file now as most of my creditors are still showing as defaulted on my credit file after all this time.

Dez
Niobe Posted - 05 June 2013 : 16:37:23
EE are usually pretty good with people who are BR.

Virgin Media are also known to be ok with those in BR. It's not really credit as if you don't pay then you're in trouble again.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 05 June 2013 : 14:52:57
I managed to get a new 4G contract with EE when I was bankrupt. I was amazed. But took it back in 4 days as it was rubbish.

Just out of BR and even though they were a creditor it must all get written off as I now have a 12 month contract with Virgin Media and the highest amount of credit limit they do! (£240)

So god know how it works!
Dez Posted - 03 June 2013 : 18:22:29
Many thanks for your help.

Derek
Viki.W Posted - 03 June 2013 : 16:04:41
You need to write to the data controller of the original creditor for them to amend the details, regardless of it being passed on.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Dez Posted - 03 June 2013 : 15:06:14
Hi

I have checked my file and it does not say who the debt was passed onto. I looked on my Equifax credit report.

Thanks

Derek
Niobe Posted - 01 June 2013 : 20:07:23
If you check your credit record it should show you who now owns the debt.

Dez Posted - 01 June 2013 : 19:23:57
Thanks again I will try and find out what companies had these debts and write to them.

If I cannot remember which company had the debt is there anyway I can find out?

Thanks

Derek
Niobe Posted - 31 May 2013 : 21:33:15
Hi,

Yes you do. Get in touch with the data controllers for those companies and get them to remove it.

Dez Posted - 31 May 2013 : 20:55:54
If my debt was passed onto another company do I have to get hold of these to remove my debt from my Equifax file etc..... please

Thanks

Dez
Dez Posted - 30 May 2013 : 03:22:15
Many thanks for your help once again.

Dez
Niobe Posted - 26 May 2013 : 17:22:34
Give them 28 days in which to remove the defaults otherwise you will take the matter further.

Dez Posted - 26 May 2013 : 16:12:20
Thanks again for your help I will now write to my crediors on my list and ask them to remove everything from the date of my BR.

Like I said I did do this a while back but nothing got done and they are still on my file.

Thanks for info on phones too.

Dez

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page