Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Will a childs DLA be taken into account?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Furryheart Posted - 21 October 2013 : 12:43:01
One of my creditors is in the process of making my husband and I bankrupt. Can you tell me if when calculating income is a childs DLA taken into account or in fact Child Benefit? Or what about an adults? Thanks
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 21 November 2013 : 21:35:52
Excellent news, so pleased it went well for you and good luck for the future.

Please let us know how things are going and if you have any questions then you know where we are.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Furryheart Posted - 21 November 2013 : 21:02:01
well we have just had our phone telephone with the AIB! What a relief, he was so nice and understanding. I dont have to pay anything as im on benefits, but my husband has to pay a iva of £170 a month which we are so please about as it could have been so much more as he disregarded my sons dla and disability element of CTC and my husbands DLA and his disability element of WTC. Took child benefit into it. My car is safe as well which i could have kissed him for. It was so stressless and ive been worrying for over a week for this. Glad its over with.
Niobe Posted - 09 November 2013 : 11:56:48
At least that is sorted now. Good luck with the OR interview. Any questions then please ask.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Furryheart Posted - 09 November 2013 : 10:11:13
Well i contacted the court and i was informed that our bankruptcy was granted. So we will be hearing in due course from the Accountant in Bankruptcy in charge.
Niobe Posted - 08 November 2013 : 12:35:26
They should be in touch soon. Let us know how things are going and we're here for any advice you may need.

Furryheart Posted - 08 November 2013 : 12:16:43
Thanks i will do that.
I dont think they have my phone number so i will have to wait on a letter.
Niobe Posted - 08 November 2013 : 10:14:22
Hi,

Phone up the court to check and see what has happened. You can expect a call from your local OR office soon to go through things with you.

Furryheart Posted - 08 November 2013 : 09:36:24
Well my court date was yesterday, how do i find out if i was made bankrupt or not? Or is it something that happens automaticlly once it reaches court?
Niobe Posted - 01 November 2013 : 12:23:26
At least you will be spared having to fork out the fees!

The OR should be in touch with you to go through your income and expenditure once the order has been granted.

Furryheart Posted - 28 October 2013 : 09:32:42
Well its happened. We were served papers on thursday that our main creditor has applied to make us bankrupt. If we want to contest it we have to appear at court on thur 7th nov 1013 at 10am, which we are not. How long after the court do we get inform of the outcome and is it a visit by someone or is it a letter?
Viki.W Posted - 22 October 2013 : 17:04:20
It's fine to contact me, and yes the advice is free.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 22 October 2013 : 10:25:41
Please give Viki a call for some free advice.

All income will be taken into account but some can be written off (DLA) but you do need to take some advice.

Furryheart Posted - 22 October 2013 : 10:21:37
We are both being made bankrupt so will both our income be put together and then looked at? We get my hubbys wage, wtc, ctc, cb, dla and carers allowance. Sorry im not sure what happens and we will need to speak to someone, but would just like to have some info before we do. Also Viki once we know more would it be ok to contact you for free advice? Thanks
Viki.W Posted - 22 October 2013 : 10:02:04
If it's just you going BR, then you won't get an income payment agreement as you are not working.

If hubby is going BR, then with the income that you mention, it's unlikely he would get an IPA either.

If you get one, its 3 years, but it sounds like you wouldn't.

However, you really need to speak to an expert for advice on all your options.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Furryheart Posted - 22 October 2013 : 09:57:08
Once they work out what DI is available, how long do we pay it for?

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page