Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 If I declare bankruptcy will my house be taken off me ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helen.mg Posted - 04 December 2013 : 14:00:04
If I declare bankruptcy will my house be taken of me n sold to pay debt
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 12 January 2014 : 11:38:19
I'm sure we can do that!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Blackie Posted - 12 January 2014 : 11:28:41
Whilst waiting for Helen.mg to reply, I would like to thank Viki.W and Niobe for their kind sentiments although I am sure that you coped admirably without me. LOL. Let's give out combined best shots for 2014!

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
Viki.W Posted - 06 January 2014 : 07:11:05
Hi Helen,

As the other posters have said, you really need to seek expert advice as to what will happen, and also to all your options.

Hi Blackie from me also! Long time no see!

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 04 January 2014 : 16:56:23
Nice to see you back Blackie - I hope you are well.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Blackie Posted - 04 January 2014 : 16:47:08
Niobe is right! It is not simply a case of yes he will or no he will not. Several factors have to be taken into account.

Please do take professional advise before making yourself bankrupt as there is no going back once you have declared bankrupty.

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
Niobe Posted - 04 December 2013 : 14:26:18
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you give us some more details? The loss of your house will depend on the value and how much equity is in it and how much your debts are. The Official Receiver can keep an interest in it for two years and three months.

Is it jointly owned?

I suggest you speak to an expert - either visit one who posts on here or speak to the CAB for some free initial advice.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page