Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hello,I need some help, I am currently filing for bankruptcy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Steve.j Posted - 07 February 2014 : 22:39:03
Hello,

I need some help, I am currently filing for bankruptcy after trying many things and not being able to cope or make payments. It is myself my girlfriend and our 2 children, our income is made up solely of my wage and benefits Each month, we have a large deficit on our income vs expenditure.

On the form 6.28 question 8.2 it asks for details of rent and requires a copy of my tenancy agreement.

The issue I have is the property I live in, the tenancy is in my girlfriends name (her property before I moved in). And as we are a low income family we get some assistance from housing benefit, the remaining balance I pay via transferring money to girlfriend then she transfers to landlord.

My girlfriend has no tenancy agreement or rent book etc. All we have is bank records of the transfers and proof of payments from housing benefit etc etc.

In an ideal world we would ask the landlord for relevant information/rent book , but the landlord (bought property with girlfriend as sitting tenant then tried to evict her with no where else to go) has unsuccessfully tried to evict my girlfriend from the property in the past and as such is not helpful in the slightest and we fear that although we are currently up to date with all rent he would use this opportunity to try and make us leave again.

My questions are as follows:

How should I fill out this question on the form, without fraudulently claiming im on a tenancy that im not?

If I leave this section blank as I am not the tenant, can I still put in the form that I pay rent on this property?

The Housing benefits say that I am eligible for rent as I live there and our benefit allowance is worked out with my salary considered.
But I cant see how I am able to be truthful in answering this form and show honest outgoings.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance/assistance you can offer me.

Regards

Steve
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 08 February 2014 : 02:59:04
Hi Steve,

If you are not the tenant, then don't put the landlords details down.

You can put your girlfriends details down and explain at the end section exactly what you do payment wise, just as you've explained it in your post.

In the outgoings section, just put exactly what you pay.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page