Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Can you apply for bankruptcy once a creditor has applied for court proceedings ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
M.W Posted - 17 February 2014 : 14:27:44
Can you apply for bankruptcy once someone you owe has advised they have applied for court proceedings against you to recover the debt or if you have a court hearing for the debt pending but not yet been given a ccj? What is the cut off point for applying for bankruptcy?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 24 February 2014 : 22:14:48
BR will deal with any debt prior to the date of BR. I would take anything C5 said with a pinch of salt.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 24 February 2014 : 21:58:26
A guy was just on a program on channel 5 and he was mande BR by HMRC but he still has over 100,000 of debts,so how does that work?

i thought BR was blanket on debts before it?
Blackie Posted - 21 February 2014 : 10:15:34
Hi M.W

Of course the other people who have answered your query are correct. However I would just like to add that it would be better, although more expensive, to file for your own Bankruptcy mainly for the reason that the Official Receiver will look upon you as being a responsible person and admitting that you have a financial problem. If one of your creditors makes you bankrupt, you are deemed as being irresponsible. The Official Receiver is supposed to treat you same in either circumstance but I, personally, have my doubts that this is the case. As Viki.W points out - you must seek advice.

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
Viki.W Posted - 18 February 2014 : 02:28:56
Hi M.W

As Niobe has said, if bankruptcy is the best solution for you, then you can apply at any time.

Please make sure you take advice as to your options.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 17 February 2014 : 19:56:13
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can apply for BR at anytime.

Can you give us more details about your circumstances?

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page