Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 After the 6 Year point

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyb53 Posted - 11 February 2014 : 10:55:59
Hi to All

I was declared BR on 25/3/2008 and discharged a year later. In a months time,I pass the 6 year point and I understand my BR falls off my credit Reports. I have since my BR kept my financial affairs in 100% order. I have a Vanquis card with a £3k limit that I clear every month. I have checked my Credit Files and none of my old Creditors add new updates or information to my files.

My question is... Will my Credit Rating significantly improve from APRIL onward? Or do I have to do anything to improve it? I realise my old Creditors will have files on me forever but with anyone new, I should be clear??

Advice please

PS: BR was the best thing I ever did. It gave me a chance to start afresh after my now ex-wife caused the problems in the first place and then left! I was left to take the BR and Mess. Husbands beware!!!

Andyb
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 18 March 2014 : 15:41:11
Know the feeling with ESTA - there is no other way you can pay but I do know that Barclaycard will charge fees for non sterling transactions.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Skippy Posted - 18 March 2014 : 14:27:35
A lot of credit card companies do this. When we went to the US last year I paid for our ESTAs by credit card and was hit by a fee. I've now got a Nationwide Select card and that doesn't have non sterling fees.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010. I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
pcoventry2 Posted - 09 March 2014 : 22:22:15
Well I can't really complain as they seemed to accept my first payment and charge me no interest. Would have just been nice to have been told I guess.

Into month 2. each month between £100 and £150 will be spent in the hope after 4 months it goes up, I know there are no guarantees and it's helping me out alot too :)

Niobe Posted - 09 March 2014 : 17:12:48
I think Barclaycard do something similar as well.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 09 March 2014 : 14:36:09
No, they charge a bit extra for anything that is not GBP. For example I bought something from the USA it was $9,99 but I got charged 65P fee for it.

Niobe Posted - 08 March 2014 : 21:16:07
Not sure about the non sterling fee? Have you been abroad or tried to pay for anything outside the UK?

pcoventry2 Posted - 08 March 2014 : 20:45:39
The non sterling fee is sneaky. I will have to avoid paying in dollars or euros for anything now.
pcoventry2 Posted - 05 March 2014 : 09:07:49
my experience with them so far seems to fair good.
Niobe Posted - 04 March 2014 : 17:32:45
As long as you pay it off then the APR is irrelevant. I shall probably apply for one soon.

pcoventry2 Posted - 04 March 2014 : 17:30:44
hello

Just wanted to update this thread on my vanquis card in case anyone is interested.

Spent £129 on my card and when statement produced told me that minimum payment wold be £5,33. if this was all I paid next month would be £7,33.

The point is don't let the 59.99% put you off that's annual. my actual interest is 3,99%. I did of course pay my balance off in full as this is a credit building exercise

To Andy, Looking forward to hearing how the 28th goes. Please do let us know when you can see it gone from your CF

Pete
pcoventry2 Posted - 13 February 2014 : 14:40:38
Thanks mate it does help!. I was using the weq4u app and my inclusive minutes but I will save these numbers in case!

I will be paying it of every month. I'm cheating in a way. I paid my cable internet bill using my card and then I am going to pay the card off using my bank account, so 2 green credit marks rather than 1!

I understand they do add interest to the first statement from the point it's produced to the point it's paid. They did set up a whole DD but I cancelled it thinking I could just add what I wanted when I wanted. I guess I will re set that up again. My letter says it's 3.39% per month so it'll be £1.03 but even worse case and I get hit with the full 59.9% it'll be £16, I can handle that once and considering I won't be paying a penny of interest after that it doesn't bother me.

Cheers again for the advice mate - and do please let us know what happens to your credit file when the BR and all pre BR credit agreements fall off. I am hoping yours will sky rocket.
andyb53 Posted - 13 February 2014 : 10:00:23
Hi PCoventry2. Yup I have to wait for the statement but beware, if you do not pay off the whole amount each month you start getting Interest and "Deferred Interest" charged to the account.

One other bit of advice DO NOT USE THE 0871 number they show on the statement. It is a Premium Rate number and although only 5p per min, there is also an additional 15p connection charge so first Min is 20p! The numbers to call are........

a) 0800 023 7137 (free call)
or
b) 01634 789544 (normal BT call charge)

I hope this helps

Andy B

Andyb
Niobe Posted - 13 February 2014 : 07:09:43
No worries.

I'm surprised they won't let you pay it off before the statement due date. Have you tried phoning them?

pcoventry2 Posted - 12 February 2014 : 23:30:05
Andy can I ask you please? When you pay off your vanquis card every month do you have to wait for the statement to be generated before you can? I have spent £26.00 and want to pay it off. it's showing as balance but when I try it says I can't pay £26.00 off as that amount is " greater than my balance"

sorry niobe for asking here, I know not of a messaging facility between members.

Thanks
pcoventry2 Posted - 12 February 2014 : 18:08:13
quote:
Originally posted by andyb53

A quick note of thanks to all who replied to my question but more importantly to this site. I took peoples advice all along the way and was very luck. As we were (in theory) at the time in negative equity, I was able to sell my Beneficial interest in my house to my Brother for £1 I now have that back post BR.

Please please please people considering BR Just remember they cant have what you ain't got! so forget the "debt management leeches who take a fortune from your IVA. YOU WILL STILL BE BLACKLISTED FOR AT LEAST 6 YEARS and face paying these people hard earnt cash you can ill afford. Ok if you have loads of assets, its another matter but if not DO IT! You will not regret it. The best bit of all is telling the telephone collection people who try and try to extract money, to "Foxtrot Oscar" Even after telling them you are bankrupt, they sometimes ask " well can you afford anything?"

Andyb

i totally agree with this, I had nothing so I had nothing to lose. I am glad that I did it. I am now starting to get credit again some 9 months after discharge. people like Vanquis send you invites it seems after the 8 month mark and then you are accepted. it's good to be able to have an emergency facility again.

Don't forget Andy that also all credit trails that were amended to 25/3/2008 should also fall off. I have 2 which were changed to my discharge date and no matter how much I try I can't get them to shift the date to the right one so I will have to wait another year after Br comes off but as they are all settled I don't see it being a problem, although I would like it off but there you go.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page