Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 A bit of an odd one Any Ideas???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyb53 Posted - 19 March 2014 : 18:31:35
As many of you may know, I am in the final few days before my BR falls off my credit file on the 25th March. Wow have the 6 yrs gone fast! Since my BR discharge I have kept my finances in A1 condition. My Nat west step account has always been 100% and I have a Vanquis card with a £3K limit that I pay off every month so is zero balanced.
I check my credit file with noddle every month and for the last 2 years it has been 2 out of 5 (presumably because of my BR on the file still). All of a sudden this month it has gone DOWN to 1 out of 5 for no apparent reason. I do see that there is an apparent financial connection with my now ex-wife who moved out 3 years ago. When she went I bought out her share of the house (all through a Solicitor) so I own outright the house. I have not heard from her in 3 years. I do not know,(or care), if she is alive or dead, (she was unfaithful to me and left).
The trouble is that I had a joint mortgage with her and whilst I continue to pay off the Mortgage the Building Society will not take her name off the mortgage until either paid in full or I get her written permission.

As I have no idea of her whereabouts, this is impossible. So in theory I have a joint account still with her. The building Society will not budge, the bar stewards!

This has been the case for a number of years now so I cannot really see that this would have reduced my credit rating. Any Ideas anyone?? Failing that has anyone got £191,311.44p they can lend me?

Andyb
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 03 April 2014 : 22:22:06
You'll be fine!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 03 April 2014 : 19:55:34
If it does I will get a safe built into the floor.
Niobe Posted - 03 April 2014 : 16:01:28
Good result. Hopefully it won't happen again.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 03 April 2014 : 15:40:23
it has been sorted I got the money back yesterday and I have now closed the account down. thanks for all the advice Niobe and Viki :)
Niobe Posted - 02 April 2014 : 20:14:32
Mine was the same - it was loads of top ups for PAYG top ups.

Let's hope this gets sorted sooner rather than later.

pcoventry2 Posted - 02 April 2014 : 19:34:57
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

It shouldn't be long. Mine was a credit card and the money was refunded straightaway whilst they investigated.

Any idea what the money was spent on?

One was to vodafone probably a PAYG topup and the other is unknown. Ive never been with vodafone ever. The person originally tried to call up and get into my account I am told. If they want to steal my Bankrupted Identity then they are not very good at what they do lol
pcoventry2 Posted - 02 April 2014 : 19:32:46
Thanks.

I have just checked my account and the money is back in there so I have hot footed it to my new account where I know it's safe.

They know it will be me as they know my IP address and ISP (which they discussed with me)

I can now close down the account.
Viki.W Posted - 02 April 2014 : 18:27:05
That's awful, I'm so sorry. Hope they sort it out very quickly for you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 02 April 2014 : 15:53:28
It shouldn't be long. Mine was a credit card and the money was refunded straightaway whilst they investigated.

Any idea what the money was spent on?

pcoventry2 Posted - 02 April 2014 : 15:31:36
No not yet..

They told me not to take any money out as it was protected anyway. I told them A I had lost all trust in them and B I had opened an account with barclays anyway so they let me.

I am hoping it won't be long.
Niobe Posted - 02 April 2014 : 14:41:23
That's good. Have they said how long it will take to get the money back?

pcoventry2 Posted - 02 April 2014 : 13:45:09
No, no idea at all I've just spoken to them they have what they call a "positive line of enquiry" which means the person slipped up somehow.

I've opened a second account with Barclays and put what was left into there. They were only too happy to give me a second account
Niobe Posted - 02 April 2014 : 13:34:06
That is not good! Any idea who has done it? I had this happen some years ago. Good thing is that you should get the money back.

pcoventry2 Posted - 02 April 2014 : 12:58:05
Karma had to balance it out though. My co-op account has been compromised and someone had drained my account with a spending spree. Got the co-op and police involved.

I hope they catch them.. needless to say my accounts been frozen and will be shut down shortly.
Niobe Posted - 31 March 2014 : 08:09:42
Good news.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page