Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Well this is unbelievable but true!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyb53 Posted - 14 April 2014 : 17:06:51
Well, a lot of you know my posts on this Forum. Basically I went BR in 2008 (all my own fault). Discharged in 2009 and it fell off my Credit reports last month.
Now the good/funny bit
For the last 5 years I have been getting the usual "Apply now for a refund of PPI" I had over a dozen cards so got a lot of invites! I always thought... As I went BR I could not claim and in any case any money would go to the Official Receiver. In the end I thought for a laugh I would try with a platinum card I had with a £20K limit.
I was astounded to receive a cheque for £2,877! Being Honest, I wrote to the OR to tell him of this. His response was that he had closed his files on me and had no interest in me or the money at all!
I am astonished but have now cashed the cheque and am now going for the others too.
Members of this site... It may be worth you trying it too but only if you have been discharged for some time. GOOD LUCK!

Andyb
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 18 April 2014 : 20:38:10
Radio ads don't bother me at all - I'm still trying to get it through the mortgage but have just had a payout from CPP which I wasn't expecting.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 18 April 2014 : 19:41:49
Is it just me who finds these ads on the radio disturbing? They imply it as you tell them the bank and they break every DPA rule in the book and go and sniff about your financial history.

Good luck on the PPI though. I think I had it on my mortgage - but as I am STILL trying to get them to close it down I don't think I will bother with a PPI claim!
Skippy Posted - 17 April 2014 : 09:19:01
Hi debtinfo, good to see you back!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010. I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 16 April 2014 : 20:01:43
We should have a 'like' button here!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

debtinfo Posted - 16 April 2014 : 19:38:51
hi viki and niobe btw :-)
debtinfo Posted - 16 April 2014 : 19:38:16
well if you have that then fair enough, but i can attest from the documents i posted and from personal experience that is not how the OR usually deals witb it.
Niobe Posted - 16 April 2014 : 12:24:02
I think you will be fine Andy - you have it in writing.

Make sure you keep those emails/letters!!

andyb53 Posted - 16 April 2014 : 12:19:04
Hi there.

I have spoken to my OR and have it in writing that they have...
a) Closed their files on me.
b) Have no interest in the payment I have received for refunded PPI (I fully explained the circumstances in writing). I do not believe there is a Court in the Land that would now find a case against me in favour of the OR ??

Andyb
Viki.W Posted - 15 April 2014 : 20:01:38
Great to see you back Debtinfo and good information for Andy there.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 15 April 2014 : 18:44:41
Nice to see you back debtinfo.

debtinfo Posted - 15 April 2014 : 18:29:34
hi andy, i would be carefull, may i ask if you spelt out exactly the fact that you had a cheque for missold PPI in your letter to the OR, if you did it would seem that their response is most likely a mistake and i think you should check again with them to be sure.

The reason i say this is that the Official receivers have a clear policy on PPI refunds which is that they vest in the bankruptcy. Having recently been working for the Insolvency service i can tell you that they claim back missold PPI all the time.

Here is the Insolvency Services publication to bankrupts about PPI from their website which sets out the position clearly

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/news/news-stories/2012/Apr/PPI-mis-selling-claims-and-bankruptcy

and here is the section of their technical manual that deals with reclaiming PPI

http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/Ch25-36/Chapter31/part9A/Ch%2031.9A%20Introductio.htm

I would be carefull, because eve if they have made a mistake in the letter to you they stillmay be in a position to recover it from you, so i would make doubly sure before spending it
andyb53 Posted - 15 April 2014 : 08:40:44
I will keep you guys informed on how I get on.

Andyb
Blackie Posted - 15 April 2014 : 08:26:00
Hi Andyb53

What an absolute hoot and well done!! I do get involved in PPI from time to time and have been told that you can not really reclaim PPI off your creditors in a bankruptcy especially as they have no doubt written off their debt in the bankruptcy but, other than that, there is no reason for not trying to reclaim. Mis-selling of PPI is still the same whether you are bankrupt or not.

Good luck with your other creditors.

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
Niobe Posted - 14 April 2014 : 17:14:38
Good news Andy - glad you are sorted and got a bit of cash as well.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page