Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I was made bankrupt in May/2012. What is involved in the lead up to discharge ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
panason1c Posted - 20 March 2013 : 18:35:28
Hi, I was made bankrupt in May/2012 and as May/2013 approaches i would like to know what is involved in the lead up to my potential discharge date?... Am i automatically dischaged or will i receive paperwork, etc prior to discharge?
Thanks.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 29 May 2014 : 23:42:22
I had this with First Direct. In the end they were so stubborn I went past the 40 day wait time and the CRA's forcefully took the entire account history off my account - my score shot up 300 points :)

As stated it should all be satisfied or partially satisfied on the BR date not the discharge date.
Niobe Posted - 25 May 2014 : 12:26:54
The default should be the same date as your BR start date.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

panason1c Posted - 25 May 2014 : 11:29:19
My BR was on the 8/5/12 and discharge was 8/5/13

One of the examples of an entry in my Experian report is showing as 'Default date 8/5/12' 'Satisfied date 8/5/13'

Is this correct, or should the satisfaction date be the same as my BR start date?
Regards
Niobe Posted - 25 May 2014 : 11:25:47
I just have one default on mine now showing and that is Direct Line showing 'Arrangement to Pay' so will be contacting them shortly to tell them to remove it.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

panason1c Posted - 25 May 2014 : 11:19:08
Re: my recent, previous post.... Received a reply from Eversheds informing me that they have amended the errors, (Re: max recovery), and that my file/report will take up to 8 weeks to reflect the change. (-;

Question...should the 'default' dates and the 'satisfied' dates be the same?, the two dates on some of my creditors differ. Is it important to get this rectified?
Cheers
Niobe Posted - 20 May 2014 : 12:58:06
Experian reckon I have no defaults at all but I still can't get a credit card.

Viki.W Posted - 20 May 2014 : 12:35:22
That's probably it. Experian should be able to put a note of correction on there for you until it's amended.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
panason1c Posted - 20 May 2014 : 10:40:53
Hi, me again! Been discharged for over a year now and wondered why my Noddle credit record shows all my creditors as 'Satisfied' but I was still, up to recently, being refused an upgrade to my bank account from basic to a full current account, my bank suggested that there might be something left outstanding on my credit file (apart from the obvious BR), So I recently paid the £2 fee for an Experian file and saw that 2 entries by 'Max recovery' were NOT marked as 'satisfied' and appear as a current debt, while on my Noddle file the exact same entries are marked as 'Satisfied'..... I've now written to Evershot requesting an amendment and await a reply from them.
Regards
pcoventry2 Posted - 07 February 2014 : 16:35:42
I hate to complain but they've left me no choice. I would have thought the fact the court commanded them to do it would have been enough.

Also I wonder what they are appealing for.

And so this vanquis card might be 39.9% but it's broken down over 112 months they say. remains to be seen!
Niobe Posted - 07 February 2014 : 16:05:08
Excellent news on the card.

Let's hope your complaints reap some rewards.

pcoventry2 Posted - 07 February 2014 : 15:29:08
Thanks for letting me keep you updated.

they are still refusing to budge. I've now told them I will go back to the OR and I've also put 2 complaints in one to the FA and one to the ICO

On a brighter note my vanquis card has arrived. Modest £250 limit which is a start. I don't intend to pay interest so I am not concerned about the annual figure.it's just nice to have some faith in me again.
Niobe Posted - 04 February 2014 : 18:35:54
Let us know how you get on.

pcoventry2 Posted - 04 February 2014 : 18:30:43
Agreed so they will be off in 2018.. I am lucky as I work in the same building as my local CAB on the floor above and we are always doing favours for them. so I can go and see them any time and skip the queue.

Thanks for the advice I will do that tomorrow.
Niobe Posted - 04 February 2014 : 17:57:21
Once you have finished, then any defaults should be set back to the date of BR or, as in my case, the IVA.

As regards the mortgage company, I'd have a chat with either your local CAB or have a free initial consultation with a solicitor and explain your position.

They cannot chase you for a debt included in your BR.

pcoventry2 Posted - 04 February 2014 : 17:53:54
I thought defaults were on for 6 years?

I will ring them again tomorrow. I threatened them with the OR last time I called. They said my account was reviewed in October and was due to be again shortly. They won't accept they position they are now in. They seem to have forgotten they can chase my ex wife who is now loaded. They choose not to but that's not my ault!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page