Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 my ex going bankrupt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dawnlougib Posted - 24 June 2014 : 20:56:22
Hi I posted on site yesterday but not sure if it was this one. I wanted to ask advice on if I can get into trouble. My ex partner and he was my ex at the time of doing it gave me permission to put some catalogues in his name but under my address as I couldn't do it and he wasn't giving me any money for the kids ( i have only used them for kids). He has recently informed me that he is being made bankrupt and has really scared me by saying that I may be in trouble. What I want to ask is can I get into trouble for using catalogues in his name but my address (that he doesn't live at ) even though he gave me permission and can the bankruptcy check my house for anything they can take because they are at my address but not my name. He has really worried me as have 4 children to look after.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dawnlougib Posted - 19 July 2014 : 22:15:07
Thank you everyone for your help. Will let you know how go.
Niobe Posted - 19 July 2014 : 08:18:30
My stepson pays for his eldest daughter who lives with her mother and had no problems with setting up payments and getting them altered.

Perhaps it is like everything else - some areas are better than others.

Just keep strong and remember this is HIS problem - not yours.

Keep us informed as to how you are getting on.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 18 July 2014 : 20:53:52
You simply tell them he does not live there any more and if possible provide a forwarding address. If they continue it's harassment and you can take action against them.

As for the CSA good luck with that. I have 2 daughters that my wife took with her when she left me in 2010. I have not seen them since. I have tried (yes ME) to get the CSA to set up a payment but 3 years on I still struggle to get them to action anything. And that's the NRP trying to give the mother money.

The CSA are as useful as a nuns t**s.
Niobe Posted - 15 July 2014 : 22:08:00
It should not make a difference at all. The debts are in his name, not yours and you will not get into any trouble.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

dawnlougib Posted - 15 July 2014 : 20:52:45
Hi sorry to be a pain. I made a payment today to the one account that is in Jasons name and my address as i had missed a payment on it but as Vicki said might be an idea to keep with the payments until definately know that he is going bankrupt. The thing that I am worrying about now is because one payment was missed the company has been phoning my mobile and I answered it today and just said that he wasn't here and was away. Does it make a difference that I answered a call to them with regards to whether I can get into trouble or is it still the same that he is responsible for the debts as are in his name. Hope this makes sense.
Niobe Posted - 13 July 2014 : 17:50:14
Get CSA involved - he is shirking his responsibilities for his kids and he shouldn't be doing that.

As for the debts - it will all come down to him and he needs to sort it out.

dawnlougib Posted - 13 July 2014 : 16:55:55
HMRC have new address thats where the letters were delivered to
Niobe Posted - 13 July 2014 : 16:12:26
I think you need to get in touch with CSA as he should be paying for his kids.

Personally speaking I would contact HMRC and tell them that he doesn't live there anymore. It is up to you if you give them his new address.

As you say, you need to concentrate on you and your kids and not him.

dawnlougib Posted - 13 July 2014 : 15:59:16
The letters come here as when we separated the address on the accounts was changed to where I live now not to where he lives. Have looked into csa but being the idiot that I am thought we could work out a way to do things without having them involved.
He had a statutory demand letter delivered to the house by HRMC. I suppose trying to find out whether they will make him bankrupt so that I can also get a clean slate form him and concentrate on me and children
Niobe Posted - 13 July 2014 : 15:24:44
The letters should go there - his IVA/BR is nothing to do with you. They will be able to trace him as HMRC obviously know where he lives.

Have you contacted CSA to get payments from him? He should be paying towards his kids.

dawnlougib Posted - 13 July 2014 : 15:17:35
I just worry that they will find where he is living now and send letters etc there. I don't even know where he lives but if he has other credit in his address where he is now then they will be able to trace him won't they? I only used the catalogues as he was giving me nothing for his 3 children and not seeing them so thats why he agreed to this as he knew that I would make the payments and he wouldn't have to give me anything but I realised that wasn't right so stopped using them and am now trying to pay them off. He has only been in touch about this on phone by txt so only know what he is saying.
Niobe Posted - 13 July 2014 : 15:02:48
Whoever makes you bankrupt, all debts are taken into account and it doesn't really matter whether or not you continue paying. If you can manage it then do so but they will have to stop if he is made bankrupt.

HMRC are known to follow through with their threats.

dawnlougib Posted - 13 July 2014 : 14:51:05
It is not a small amount but not a mass amount.I don't have anyone that can help me pay it off.
I have missed a payment on the one account as i thought that because he had been told they were going to make him bankrupt that was what was needed to be done, I didnt realise that it may be just a threat. Also i thought that it didnt look good if accounts were being paid but the amounts he was paying the inland revenue each month were according to them not enough. So I have had a letter to my address saying that needs to be paid immediately and the next payment a week later.
I must of got it wrong as I know that if making yourself bankrupt you stop paying but not sure when it comes to someone else doing it, also didnt think the HRMC would just make threats thought thety were a company that when said it would do it
Niobe Posted - 13 July 2014 : 07:33:04
How much money is owed on the accounts? If it is a small amount then do you have a family member that could lend you the money to pay them off?

Viki.W Posted - 13 July 2014 : 05:30:37
I think you should carry on making the repayments to the catalogue Dawn. Until you know that he's been bankrupt.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page