Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Will I be allowed to keep co op cash minder account in bankruptcy ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mark.d Posted - 16 August 2014 : 09:58:35
Hi there

I have a co op cashminder account, but have been advised to go bankrupt. I have no debt with co op bank and no credit cards with them. Hence, I do not owe them any money whatsoever. Will I still be allowed to retain my cash minder account with them.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 20 August 2014 : 09:06:00
Just to add I was able to open a full current account with the Co-op last year, 6 years after the date of my BR, not date of discharge.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010. I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Viki.W Posted - 20 August 2014 : 07:17:35
You will need to add the cashminder onto your forms under the bank account section, and no, you don't need to inform them.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Mark.d Posted - 20 August 2014 : 01:35:45
Hi there

Do I need to notify co op that I have now gone BR? I haven't listed my cash minder account on the bankruptcy forms

Niobe Posted - 17 August 2014 : 08:35:32
But they can go overdrawn by accident as people on the sister forum have done and they have had the accounts closed.

I have had an account with Barclays for years with no overdraft and no reserve and I have accidentally gone overdrawn on a couple of occasions. I've just bitten the bullet and paid the charges.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 16 August 2014 : 22:31:56
Well based on the fact you can't have an OD on said account they won't have any problems there.

I ran one for about a year and opened it a few days before I went BR - no problems for me. They just won't give it to anyone who comes in after they are BR.

The benefits of this account is the facilities. I also had an account with Barclay's and they took everything away bar cash point use and I never had one near where I lived so I chucked them in.

2 days after discharge I returned to barclays and they had no record of me ever being a customer so I was allowed to open a new account. I now have 4 accounts with them including an ISA.

Co-op told me they wouldn't even consider upgrading my account for 5 years AFTER my BR dropped off my credit - True story. My response was also true

"11 years? uck that!"

Never looked back.

Niobe Posted - 16 August 2014 : 11:14:39
Hi and welcome.

Co-op are pretty good if you already have one. Make sure you don't go overdrawn at all as they have a habit of closing accounts if you do it three times.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Viki.W Posted - 16 August 2014 : 10:25:21
Yes that will be fine.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page