Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Just done a Experian Check.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spices100 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 16:26:11
I was declared bankrupt Sept 2009 and ED in July 2010.

I've been doing yearly Experian checks and it shows 889 points which puts me in 'Good' category.

However 3 of my lenders are showing satisfied date as July 2012 and the other two are showing satisfied date as July 2010.

Is this something that needs to be corrected or is it normal ?

Next Sept 2015 would be six years since bankruptcy so am hoping everything will be dropped off.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 17 September 2014 : 15:58:34
Sorry I thought it was 6 years this year ;(

Yes September 15 it will drop off
Niobe Posted - 17 September 2014 : 07:50:48
Noodle is the one used by Call Credit and it's free.

You're BR should fall off on the 6th Anniversary of when you were made bankrupt so that will be next year.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

spices100 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 23:52:21
quote:
Originally posted by pcoventry2

NO, you are right - all of yours will be dropping off in the next 60 days and your score should shoot up!

60 days ? i was BR in Sept 09.

BTW whats Noodle ?
pcoventry2 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 23:33:17
I like the fact Experian and Equifax are £2 and online anytime you like.

I do at the moment have the 30 day trials of both but I plan to just get one every year like you. Don't need credit apart from my card.

Noodle is of course free and updated monthly. I spent ages sorting call credit data out before I realised there were 2 more.

NO, you are right - all of yours will be dropping off in the next 60 days and your score should shoot up!
Niobe Posted - 16 September 2014 : 17:11:09
It is worth checking with all three.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

spices100 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 17:06:19
My default dates vary from Sept 09 - Nov 09. Not really much in it.

Seems like it'll have to check with the other agencies and see what dates they got.
pcoventry2 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 17:05:42
Yes agree with Niobe it's worth checking but after 6 years of the default date it will and that should be at the very worst case 2009 for you but anything earlier would have been removed by now.
Niobe Posted - 16 September 2014 : 16:56:50
Hopefully it will drop off spices - you'll also need to make sure that the BR drops off as well.

pcoventry2 Posted - 16 September 2014 : 16:38:46
Hello,

I've been going through this minefield for a while.

The older the default date the better. The status is not relevant. But I have found some have been put back to 2012 and some to 2013. It's the default date that is the important one. By my communications with Experian I have found that default dates over 3-4 years are actually ignored. And after 6 years they all drop off. I had a score of 890 until 2 debts I had under BR were added and I dropped to 690 but to be fair I am only a year and 4 months past discharge.

However a few of mine have been set as default date and settlement date of 2013 which I am trying to get amended. They should not have been done at all by Experian's own admission as regardless of status they drop off 6 years from default date
It is worth doing the £2 online exercise once a year and as you know your credit score goes up as things drop off. The idea being, I think, That when it all drops off you go back to the top points.

My mum has not had credit for 20 years.. yet she was able to go joint on a high lending bank account with my dad. This confirms what I think happens.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page