Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 BR or CCJ on credit file?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcoventry2 Posted - 17 September 2014 : 16:00:02
Equifax have recorded my BR as a CCJ type " Bankruptcy order" is this right?

Experian show it as a straight forward BR. However when I've been asked if I have a CCJ on some recent forms I put no but I did declare the bankruptcy

Are Equifax even capable of looking after my information!? I do wonder
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 19 September 2014 : 17:35:33
I got a snotty e-mail back from Equifax and they closed my account as I requested.

Done the same with Experian. Will do yearly checks from now on.
pcoventry2 Posted - 18 September 2014 : 22:23:15
CCj's do as well but they can still be chased for and always need to be paid. As you say BR and IVA drop off after 6 years.

No comment on the other comment, anything I do say may make me look stupid :D
Niobe Posted - 18 September 2014 : 22:16:28
I'm an old git now!

Never had a CCJ thankfully but at least you know that BR will disappear from the record after six years, same as an IVA.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 18 September 2014 : 16:41:55
37!? wowzers. That's awesome to hear :)

I will do. I have asked them to also terminate my membership when it is done.

As you will know CCJ's bad anytime but BR used to be okay after 3 years discharge, although this is now fine from discharge provided proof can be shown.

Niobe Posted - 18 September 2014 : 15:44:00
I retired at the end of 2012 after working for 37 years in the police service.

I would get in touch with the company who have placed the CCJ and insist they remove it. If it was Equifax then I would stand my ground and insist that it was removed.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 18 September 2014 : 14:28:18
Well Equifax say the CCJ entry is right and they won't shift it.

I don't need the compo but I see you point.

You did 20 + years? respect. 20+ more than me lol
Niobe Posted - 18 September 2014 : 14:22:57
It shouldn't make any difference to you - you could end up with compensation.

I know all about court appearances myself - 20+ years as a police officer and then again as a civilian. I'd love them to take me to court.

pcoventry2 Posted - 18 September 2014 : 14:17:24
I don't want that. In my job I go to court for reasons other than lawsuits against me. And it wouldn't look good anyway
Niobe Posted - 17 September 2014 : 22:13:20
Let them threaten you with court - they will be the ones who end up with egg on their face, plus a large bill!

pcoventry2 Posted - 17 September 2014 : 21:49:49
i'd just love them to do one.. but they won't
Niobe Posted - 17 September 2014 : 21:02:29
At the end of the BR then the OR finishes with your case.

Just tell any chasing creditors to do one or take you to court. I'd love them to do it.

pcoventry2 Posted - 17 September 2014 : 20:11:33
Then they would have also told them that continuing to chase me was not advised? So they all carried on chasing me?

Honestly not 1 had any record of me being BR I had to make 2 dozen copies of my cert and post them off.

Anyway all done now - but to me they will always have been a waste of time
Niobe Posted - 17 September 2014 : 18:08:32
They keep an eye on things, trust me. They will have informed your creditors that you were BR - sometimes creditors choose to ignore this.

pcoventry2 Posted - 17 September 2014 : 18:02:05
I'd love to know what they supervised. I heard nothing from them for 9 months and then every creditor I contacted didn't know I was BR. As I said before I was replying to their baliff letters!

All bizarre
Niobe Posted - 17 September 2014 : 17:40:06
Unfortunately that won't happen. They are there to supervise your BR and after that it's down to you to sort out your credit records. They have fulfilled their obligations.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page