Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 2 years after going bankrupt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
terry d Posted - 16 November 2014 : 12:51:06
its over 2 years since the day i went bankrupt,firstly thanks to viki warbrooke for her expert advice and help getting me through the bankruptcy,where am i now ive no stress and no debt,and i have £1000 credit available on a vanquis credit card now,and am now trying to sort out my credit file i still have creditors marking a delfault none payment even after ive been discharged from my bankruptcy but am presently writing to those compainies to sort this out,im free of debt of my £40,000 i owed was going bankrupt the right thing to do A BIG YES FROM ME again thanks to viki who got me through the paperwork etc

DISCHARGED 1ST AUGUST 2013
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 17 November 2014 : 17:44:29
Hi terry

I wrote to all mine with a letter and BR cert and never heard from them again. I had some trouble with credit file dates but here is a tip for you directly from the Credit Reference Agencys.

If the default date on an account is more than 3 years before you went BR. Leave it be!

Defaults fall off 6 years from the default date and NOT the satisfied/settled date. So I had one default in 2009 so I left it and it's now fallen off. If I had got it changes it would not have fallen off until 2018.

I didn't know this until someone at Experian told me so. I also checked with Equifax who said the same thing. At the end of the day the BR stamps your score into the ground.

What Experian told me is that after 3 years defaults are taken into consideration less anyway.

When they sort it out for you you will have 2 years shaved off the time already so they fall off with your BR but as I say any that were marked default before your BR date leave them - they will drop off sooner than you think.

having something which was defaulted in 2010 settled in 2014 is pointless apart from the fact they stop adding more to your file. It will still drop off in 2016.
Viki.W Posted - 17 November 2014 : 10:58:25
Great post Terry, glad everything is going well. I'm always here if you ever need me.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 16 November 2014 : 12:53:21
Excellent news - well done.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page