Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 After the court hearing, how long do I have before my house is repossessed ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
James.n Posted - 01 December 2014 : 16:03:57
Hi all , i have posted on here a few times and was planning on going bankrupt sometime next year once i get the funds together , i knew this would involve losing my house for mortgage arrears and charging orders .

I have tried to reason with my mortgage company but eventually we could not come to an agreement and i have a court order for repossession on the 10 th of december , i know i am going to lose my house and currently in the process of finding rented accommodation , but as yet have not found anywhere suitable , my question is once i attend the court hearing on the 10 th roughly how long do i have before they repossess my property , i don't fancy being made homeless just before Christmas lol .

help would extremely appreciated thanks James.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 13 December 2014 : 03:05:08
Brilliant news - really pleased for you.

Have a good Christmas and let us know how things go.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

james1102 Posted - 12 December 2014 : 15:27:34
yes thank you got a positive result , turned up at the court hearing and we have to pay our next mortgage payment on the 28 th ,if not then they will apply for another possession , but we should have a much clearer view of the decision we are going to make by then , so we have breathing space and safe in the knowledge that we can spend christmas in our house without fear of eviction .
Niobe Posted - 08 December 2014 : 12:30:53
Look forward to reading a positive result on Wednesday.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

james1102 Posted - 08 December 2014 : 12:15:48
Thank you Niobe , you have been a great help and i will keep you updated with the situation .
Niobe Posted - 05 December 2014 : 15:11:09
Anytime - we're always here.

james1102 Posted - 05 December 2014 : 13:27:20
hopefully and thank you for your kind support .
Niobe Posted - 05 December 2014 : 08:19:08
It's good that you do have something you can do and how narrow sighted of the estate agents to say no. Keep trying and hopefully you won't have to resort to the caravan.

Good luck for the 10th and hopefully you can get repossession put off until the New Year.

james1102 Posted - 05 December 2014 : 07:55:07
Yes they are both options , i do have a few family members who would borrow me the funds for the advance rent and/or act as a guarantor but the last estate agent we went to see said no straight away , but maybe other estate agents would be more lenient we will keep trying if not i have access to a touring caravan so we may be camping for Christmas lol .
Niobe Posted - 02 December 2014 : 12:57:53
Is there anyone who could act as a guarantor for you with regards to rent?

You may find that some landlords want six months rent in advance if you have a bad credit rating.

james1102 Posted - 02 December 2014 : 11:40:09
Thanks for the advice , im hoping it doesn't come to that as i am desperately looking for private accommodation , but its not easy finding somewhere decent with my credit rating so fingers crossed we will find somewhere .
Niobe Posted - 02 December 2014 : 00:19:14
Hi,

I think it has been mentioned in a previous thread that you could mention it to the judge to see if they can help with the date.

You could speak to the mortgage company to see if they will hold off with the possession until after Christmas.

You could also try speaking to the CAB to see if they can assist you at all.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page