Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I still have a year left to pay IPA.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tillytrotter Posted - 08 June 2015 : 15:12:24
hi, I became bankrupt in 2013 discharged in august 2014 but still have 1 year left to pay IPA until august 2016. My question is- I met someone last year and he wants me to move into his home. Can I do this? I am unsure how I stand whilst still paying the IPA. I don't want my bankruptcy to reflect on him in anyway as it was my problem before we met.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 16 June 2015 : 05:08:16
The OR will want to know that the non bankrupt is paying their fare share depending on their income. So if the non bankrupt earns more, they would contribute more, if they earn less, then the bankrupt person would need to pay more towards household bills.

However, the OR would ask to see wage slips and bank statements of the non bankrupt. Sometimes, that person wouldn't want to send their personal info, so then the OR would assume that they both pay 50/50, and calculate any IPA payments accordingly.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 15 June 2015 : 17:08:52
I would have thought that it would be proportionate to the income of the partners - if one is earning less than the other they cannot be expected to pay 50% as they have their own expenses to pay.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 15 June 2015 : 16:59:22
Well, when we spoke to the OR about it - it was - and this was recent.

So I can only go from that....
Niobe Posted - 09 June 2015 : 12:10:01
It might not necessarily be 50% each - depends on the income of both partners.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 09 June 2015 : 11:22:14
When my missus went for BR we had to show we were paying 50% each of the household bills. That aside they didn't come after any of my money at the time.
Viki.W Posted - 09 June 2015 : 05:13:40
The OR would want to see that he's paying his fair share of the bills. Does he earn the same as you, less or more?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
tillytrotter Posted - 09 June 2015 : 01:21:21
thanks for quick replies.

Would I then have to include his income/outgoings on the expenditure form as well as mine?
Viki.W Posted - 08 June 2015 : 16:08:36
Hi, the only way it could affect you is the amount you are paying, as your expenditure may change so you'll need to inform the OR and fill in a new income and expenditure out.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Niobe Posted - 08 June 2015 : 15:52:43
Hi,

Congrats on the relationship and hope it all works out well for you. I don't think it will have any bearing on your IPA and your BR will not impact on him at all.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page