Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Accounts still open

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adogillo Posted - 19 July 2015 : 20:57:43
Hi all, my wife and I filed for BR in Nov10, we have both just signed up to "check my file". on looking at my wife's file it is still showing 2 credit card accounts still open both with a balance showing in debt, what is worrying us is that these CC were both included in the bankruptcy, what is going on? have they been cleared with the BR?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 20 July 2015 : 09:53:42
That should drop off next year but those defaults do need to be sorted.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

adogillo Posted - 20 July 2015 : 09:10:30
yeah it says the date insolvency occurred and that we have been discharged
Niobe Posted - 20 July 2015 : 09:01:53
They should still remove any defaults back to the date of the BR - I assume that the BR is not showing on either of your records?

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

adogillo Posted - 20 July 2015 : 08:54:57
Thanks Niobe, so just to confirm my wife's CC's would have been cleared through the BR, even though it is still showing a negative balance.
Niobe Posted - 20 July 2015 : 08:30:20
Meant to say - have you checked with all three credit reference agencies? Noddle is free but Experian and Equifax are paid for but you can get a free 30 day trial.

With mine, only Equifax is showing a bad reference for RBS which I shall be complaining about.

Niobe Posted - 20 July 2015 : 08:07:55
Hi,

All of your unsecured debts will have been taken into the BR.

If you printed off a copy of your discharge then send a copy of this to the data controller for the creditors concerned and tell them to remove any defaults back to the date of the BR. They should do this within 28 days.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page