Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 BR advice needed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DeanH Posted - 04 October 2015 : 22:10:14
Hi, I am looking for some help and advice. After 4 Years of having an IVA it was recently failed - mainly because we couldn't release the lump sum required from the property and the majority creditor refused to extend the IVA, so it now looks like BR is my only option - I have no idea what to do or who to speak to, is their anyone on here that could over help and advice?

Concerns I have is that i am in self employment and am concerned how that will be afected.

Dean
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 21 October 2015 : 08:25:01
Yes no problem, or I can chat tonight when you're home?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
DeanH Posted - 21 October 2015 : 08:06:35
Viki, thanks, I scrawled some notes down when we spoke yesterday - but true to form, couldn't read all of them when looking back. I'm in and out of reception areas most of the day today so not sure of when would be a good time, would it be better to send you an email to clarify some points?
Viki.W Posted - 21 October 2015 : 07:55:07
Hi Dean,

As discussed, it would be the Co-op Cashminder account that you would need to open.

If you want to tell me when you are free today, I can chat over everything again?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
DeanH Posted - 20 October 2015 : 23:54:56
Had a good chat with Viki this morning. Just need some clarification on a couple of points, Currently I run my own business with my wife as a partnership, if I go BR the partnership and business will be closed, I don't want the business to close as it has a good customer base and reputation so would the best thing be for me to come off the partnership and become an employee of the business on a paid salary. Also the issue with bank accounts, are all accounts with my name on close - where can I open an account once BR is declared.
Thanks.
Niobe Posted - 05 October 2015 : 16:46:22
Let us know how you get on Dean.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

DeanH Posted - 05 October 2015 : 14:22:14
Ok thanks.
I will make contact with Viki.
Niobe Posted - 05 October 2015 : 08:52:58
Hi and welcome,

I would give Viki a ring and she will give you some free advice.

GT won't act for you as it would cost them a lot of money but I would have thought someone could give you advice!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

DeanH Posted - 05 October 2015 : 07:46:57
Hi Viki,

The IVA was originally with Money Debt & Credit which was an absolute nightmare, Grant Thornton then took it on.
The money couldn't be released from the property as we couldn't get a re mortgage on it. We were going to go for a second IVA with Grant Thornton but after going through the initial paperwork with them they then said one of the creditors will not allow a second IVA. GT said they cannot act for me on BR as it is a conflict of interest.
Viki.W Posted - 05 October 2015 : 00:12:58
Hi Dean,

Who did your IVA? What happened with regards raising the money?

You can contact an expert on here for advice or your IP should offer bankruptcy advice to you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page