Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 How can I correct defaults ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TROG Posted - 08 January 2016 : 14:22:44
Hi, I declared myself bankrupt in Dec 2009 and discharged a year later. I have recently carried out a credit reference check and 2 debts that were included in the bankruptcy are showing default. How can I change these to show that they are not in default? Many thanks.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 13 February 2016 : 14:23:42
Agree with Viki - get them to remove it.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

TROG Posted - 13 February 2016 : 13:13:28
Thanks again
Viki.W Posted - 13 February 2016 : 13:03:42
Yes they disappear after 6 years.

Strange with the orange account, I'd write to them to ask them to remove the entry altogether now as the 6 years have passed.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
TROG Posted - 13 February 2016 : 12:48:56
Hi again, I have a debt with Orange mobile that also included in the BR, it shows a balance of £56.00 and it is marked 'up to date' although I no longer use this account. Should it show settled or partially settled instead?
TROG Posted - 13 February 2016 : 12:42:42
Hi, I have recently received my credit reports and some of the debts included in the BR have completely disappeared from my record, there is no mention of them at all, is this normal?
Niobe Posted - 11 January 2016 : 15:21:19
Let us know how you get on.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

TROG Posted - 11 January 2016 : 14:45:39
Will do. Thanks again
Viki.W Posted - 11 January 2016 : 14:43:37
6 years have passed since your bankruptcy so tell them that and tell them as their last default date should have been December 2009, then they will need to completely remove all trace of the entries now.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 11 January 2016 : 12:05:49
Hi,

You need to get them removed to the date of BR. If you have a copy of your discharge then do as Viki suggests and tell them to remove the defaults within 28 days otherwise you will make a complaint.

TROG Posted - 11 January 2016 : 11:01:05
Thank you for the replies. They show default every month from the BR up to this month. One is Barclays and the other is with Lloyds.
Viki.W Posted - 08 January 2016 : 14:55:47
Hi,

What's the last default date?

Write to the data controller for each one asking them to remove the entries completely now as these should have both dropped off in December.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Niobe Posted - 08 January 2016 : 14:32:14
Hi,

What you need to do is contact those creditors and tell them to remove the defaults - you may need to send them a copy of your discharge so they can alter it.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page