Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi there, what percentage of surplus income is the OR likely to take ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zalli Posted - 04 February 2016 : 22:45:35
Hi there, can you tell me please what percentage of surplus income the OR is likely to take after all expenditure etc has been calculated? Also, will they allow weekly tuition fees for a child at GCSE level and also travel/accomodation costs incurred if a child competes regionally and nationally in athletics competitions? (I have averaged these out into monthly payments of £20pcm). I am a single mum in receipt of benefits, in rental accomodation and we never have a yearly holiday. Would these costs be allowed as an alternative do you think?) One last thing, when I was completing the form to see if I would be exempt from the cost of going bankrupt, it stated NOT to include housing benefit as monthly income. Does this also apply when filling out the income part of the actual main bankruptcy form? I work 16 hrs p/week so I pay for half my rent and the rest is topped up by housing benefit. So does this count as income? Thank you.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 06 February 2016 : 10:07:52
Hi Zalli,

Do you work? If you have income from a job then after all your expenditure is taken into consideration, if you come out with more than £20 surplus, then all will be paid as an income payment agreement. If you are only on benefits, then you don't get an IPA.

You will need to put down all income including housing benefit on your statement of affairs.

Put down everything you spend, if the OR doesn't allow it, you will need to find that money by budgeting differently in other areas, for example, you could put down a small amount for holidays, but then choose to use that for the tuition instead.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 05 February 2016 : 08:18:39
Hi and welcome,

Basically, any DI over £20 once your ordinary bills are paid will go across.

I can't help you with the tuition fees - it may well be down to the individual OR.

Don't know about the housing benefit - hopefully Viki will pick up on this and give advice.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page