Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 When and how can I remove defaulted amounts from my credit file ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pbs106 Posted - 24 July 2015 : 14:07:58
I was made bankrupt on 16/02/2010 and discharged on 16/02/2011. My credit file still shows two separate defaulted amounts which were as a result of my bankruptcy although the remaining accounts show a nil balance. When and how can I start the process of removing these defaulted amounts from my credit file. Thanks ...
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 03 March 2016 : 20:30:39
That's really great news. Good luck for the future.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 03 March 2016 : 19:31:21
Excellent news - well done!!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pbs106 Posted - 03 March 2016 : 16:59:49
Thats it - all adverse entries have now been removed from my credit file and my Experian score is 999 from a possible 999. I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and support over the last six and a half years or so. Peter
Viki.W Posted - 24 February 2016 : 08:16:14
I agree, give them another 28 days but state that you will take your case to the information commissioner if they don't comply. Good luck.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 20 February 2016 : 14:12:26
Good news (partially!) Persevere with Egg and threaten to take things to a higher level!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pbs106 Posted - 20 February 2016 : 14:03:24
I have gone past the magic date of 16/02/16 and still have 3 organisations ignoring my requests to alter the default date although I have complained to all three. I got a letter of apology from Barclaycard this morning who have now removed their entry and they also sent me a cheque for £50 for the inconvenience caused - happy days. Just two more to sort out and thats it although one is EGG Banking who appear to be somewhat elusive! Peter
Niobe Posted - 28 July 2015 : 07:47:04
Let us know how you get on.

pbs106 Posted - 27 July 2015 : 20:49:11
Many belated thanks for the info ... Peter
Niobe Posted - 25 July 2015 : 18:53:22
If they have then write to them, enclosing a copy of your BR paperwork and ask them to remove defaults.

Viki.W Posted - 24 July 2015 : 20:14:00
From the date of bankruptcy or the date of the last default if that was before. You need to make sure they haven't defaulted you after your BR date.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
pbs106 Posted - 24 July 2015 : 16:38:32
Is it 6 years from the date of bankruptcy or discharge? Peter
Viki.W Posted - 24 July 2015 : 15:51:32
Hi,

They will show on your credit file until they drop off after 6 years but you need to write to the data controller for each creditor and ask them to mark it as satisfied.

Also make sure the last default date is your bankruptcy date or before.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page