Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy changes from April 2016

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Viki.W Posted - 08 March 2016 : 21:19:57
From the 6th April 2016, there will be changes to the way an individual applies for bankruptcy.

The individual won't go to court to apply, there will be no paper debtors petition or statement of affairs as they will need to apply online directly to an adjudicator within the insolvency service.

The fee to submit an online application will be £130 and the official receiver deposit is the same, £525, so the total to apply is £655 and there is no fee remission as there are no court fees, so this fee is the same for everyone. However, similar to a debt relief order, you will be able to pay the fee in instalments prior to sending the application.

The process and what happens when you're made bankrupt is the same as it is now.

Always remember to take advice and have all your options explained before you make a decision.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 31 March 2016 : 17:36:40
Thats true. they have no assets either
Niobe Posted - 30 March 2016 : 08:28:03
I imagine they can still chase you as they can with an IVA before it is set up - you just tell them you are going bankrupt and there's not a lot worse they can do to you!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 29 March 2016 : 23:24:25
Totally agree. However if someone is saving towards their BR I assume creditors can still chase them? Just like now?

It's better that you don't have to attend I do agree. Our court is down the road from us so my friend is trying to go BR this week to say the money.
Niobe Posted - 22 March 2016 : 23:07:35
At least it can now be done online rather than going to court which has to be good.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 22 March 2016 : 18:20:38
I advised my friend to do it now and save the £185 court costs as he is on benefits. Now the costs have been confirmed I would rather lend him the money. I had read about this but was awaiting the costs.

Cheers Viki :)
Niobe Posted - 09 March 2016 : 08:54:05
Thanks.

Viki.W Posted - 09 March 2016 : 06:50:04
You would need to get assistance, either over the phone or face to face. That person would need to enter the details for you though, there is no alternative paper application.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 08 March 2016 : 21:41:11
Thanks for that Viki.

What happens if you have have no access to a computer?

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page