Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Today received a letter threatening to publish my bankruptcy unless I pay them some money.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lucy.78 Posted - 29 July 2016 : 15:37:02
Hi. I filed for bankruptcy on 28/07 and today recived a letter from a company called Bad Debtor who has said unless I pay them £50 they will publish my bankruptcy details across places such as facebook etc. I appreciate my bankruptcy would be published in certain places but can a company do this, its almost like blackmail, pay up or we will do it? Worried now, Lucy.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 01 August 2016 : 12:36:42
Too true! I bet some people will be scared enough to try and find the money from somewhere.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Lisa Thomas Posted - 01 August 2016 : 11:51:04
Indeed but the people they are trying to blackmail into paying don't have any money!

Contact me on 01752 786800 or Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
Niobe Posted - 01 August 2016 : 09:34:57
Interesting to see that they have only been going since last year - how many people will have been scared enough to cough up?

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Lisa Thomas Posted - 01 August 2016 : 09:26:15
some good points on here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/post_info.asp

Niobe Posted - 30 July 2016 : 13:55:18
This is the website Lisa and it makes for horrifying reading:

http://www.baddebtor.co.uk/

Lisa Thomas Posted - 29 July 2016 : 16:42:52
Per my message to you on the other forum do not pay this.

Do you have address details of Company number in the small print anywhere?

Niobe Posted - 29 July 2016 : 16:40:22
The only company I can find with this name is based in Northern Ireland and the website isn't working.

Can you tell me if there is a website address or actually where they are based?

Niobe Posted - 29 July 2016 : 16:36:50
Hi and welcome,

This is disgraceful and they cannot do this!!! You don't pay them a penny and I suggest that you speak to the OR and mention this to them.

Your details should not be on the Insolvency Register yet and, Facebook wise, they would have to know your full details and ask to be a friend as far as I know.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page