Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Both my partner and estranged husband where made bankrupt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
M.22 Posted - 05 July 2012 : 13:41:18
Both my partner and estranged husband where made br in early 2010, and we are trying to come to some arrangement with the or with regards to buying the BI, which was originally valued at approx £44,000 minus a £10,000 charge made upon the house just before br was made...
After our first offer of £8000 was immediately rejected we managed with the help of a bank loan to offer £20,000 to the or, as we feel that over the last 18 months property prices have fallen and taking into respect the condition of the property which does require some urgent maintenance and general modernisation...

The OR has now come back to us stating that they have revalued the property at an extra £20,000 on top of the original amount and stating that the BI is now at £64,000 and that we need to offer more than the £20,000 which as you can imagine is already alot of money... please help as we don't really know what to do as she doesn't want to lose the family home, my partner has 2 children (16 & 13) and has been a full time uni student for the last 2 years and is attempting to rebuild her life and is hoping to start a new job in the coming months. I thank you up front for any advice you may give....
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
year 2029 Posted - 07 July 2012 : 08:22:48
M.22
How did the OR get their new valuation?

Have you had your property valued yourself?
If you haven't, you may as well.
If you use a local estate agent with a RICS accredited valuer, and the value is considerably different to the OR valuation, you would have a case with strength to go back to them.

Please let us know how you get on.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
RHB Posted - 06 July 2012 : 09:20:16
It is up to the OR to get as much money as they can for the creditors. Your offers do sound very low but appreciate that as your partner is BR you can't raise it. Unfortunately it looks as though you may have to let the house go but if you have a good credit rating you should be able to get a suitable rental & when your partner starts working can save up for a deposit again.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page