Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Mortgage after BR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tifosi1 Posted - 05 January 2014 : 13:13:37
Hello everyone

I was hoping from some advice from those on the forum in the know. My mum wants to give us a deposit so that we can buy a house, and of course this will involve us having to try and get a mortgage with my bad credit history. BR in Oct 2008 and discharged in Jul 2009

Here in Wales they have just started the help to buy scheme on new builds where you put down 5% deposit and the government loan 20% to you interest free for 5 years so you need initially only a 75% deposit.

So I need some sound advise on whether it will be possible to secure a mortgage? And whether I would be eligible to apply for the help to buy scheme with my credit history? Realistically that's our best hope of buying our own home.

Many thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 05 January 2014 : 14:46:09
I've just posted the details on your other thread.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Tifosi1 Posted - 05 January 2014 : 13:22:27
Thanks Niobe how do I find Ryan's details I clicked the experts link but couldn't find him?
Niobe Posted - 05 January 2014 : 13:19:04
Hi,

Your BR should drop off your record in October this year.

We do have a mortgage expert on here called Ryan whose details can be found under the experts link. Give him a call to see if he can assist you.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page