Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 A word of Warning to all!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyb53 Posted - 12 April 2014 : 14:41:02
Well Mr Smug me was looking forward to 3 totally clean credit reports after my BR fell of after the 6 years WRONG!!!
On checking them there were still financial associations with my ex-wife, despite me informing them all in writing with a formal "Notice of Disassociation". All of the Reference agencies just say "oh we are sorry, we will get it removed" Never mind them making a profit for inaccurate information about me!
Next I discover the Both First Direct Bank and Raphael's Bank (Credit Card company) Have been updating my Credit files showing Defaults AFTER my BR This I understand is illegal as these debt were included in my Bankruptcy. In the Case of Raphaels, they had the cheek to update my file last month as full 6 years after BR
As this is illegal, Do I have any recourse for Court action or compensation??

They then tried to demand proof of my Discharge but I pointed out they could look that up on the Insolvency Website.

I am promised it's removal next week although I still think they should not have provided false information to the Credit Reference Agencies that they subsequently sell on for a profit

Ideas anyone???

Andyb
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 18 April 2014 : 19:49:18
HI Andy,

If it's any consolation I am having this problem with First Direct. I spoke to them 6 months ago and they agreed to update my files, they never did and they are still marking it as default.

I told the CRA 2 months ago and today I get a note from all of them saying that as it's been over 28 days they have temporarily removed the info until FD sort themselves out and correct it - so it won't affect me.

It's easier when a company has gone bust. My second biggest creditor has and all I did was write to the CRA via their websites and they just removed the entry all together. :)

But I agree FD are a pain. I've written to the ICO and the FCA about it too.

As I have said elsewhere I am STILL fighting my old Mortgage company to get them to write off the debt. I'm being told they will do it when they see fit at the next account review maybe which are 6 months apart. I thought defying a court order was an offence in this land. They don't seem to care.

So companys even after BR can still act the fool.
Niobe Posted - 12 April 2014 : 20:07:25
I totally agree that they should not charge you.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

andyb53 Posted - 12 April 2014 : 19:36:48
Luckily I did get a copy of my Discharge from the Insolvency Website
But the Courts are just as bad as the banks wanting £60 for a computer generated bit of A4
They too are greedy Barstewards!!

Andyb
Niobe Posted - 12 April 2014 : 17:15:39
Agree with Viki - they should not still be defaulting you.

Did you print off a copy of your discharge? If not, then it will cost you to get it from the court.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Viki.W Posted - 12 April 2014 : 15:06:21
Unfortunately this happens a lot. Your entry won't be on the insolvency register anymore so send them a copy of your discharge notice with a letter asking them to amend their records within 28 days. If they don't, then send another letter giving them 28 days. If they fail to update your file then you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page