Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Sorting out your Credit files after the 6 years!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyb53 Posted - 20 April 2014 : 14:45:52
All I can say is NIGHTMARE!!
It really shouldn't be like it is but the Credit Reference Agencies all hide behind the excuse... "we only distribute what is sent to us by various creditors, your argument is with them" WRONG! They are the people making money from supplying information about you. It is their job to ensure the accuracy or surely they are committing Libel?? Advice from anyone please.

It has taken 5 weeks, 30 phone calls, 4 letters and a personal appearance at HSBC (First Direct), to prove my identity because they got it wrong! 5 different companies that were included in my Bankruptcy continued to update my Credit file after my Bankruptcy date. It thought this was illegal?? Can anyone please advise

Now I must wait yet another month to then re-apply for my Statutory Credit Reports from the 3 "bloodsuckers" to check if they finally have got it right! They even have the cheek to charge you again to check if the Report containing the incorrect / false information has now been corrected why? It was their fault they should sent the amended report free of charge!

What really get me is that you are declared Bankrupt, and go through all the rigmarole etc, you play by the rules and even after the 6 year point. The creditors and the Reference Agencies "take the mickey" ignoring the rules and just say sorry if they are found out. I do not believe sorry is enough!

One last moan... Beware the Nat West Bank!
Post BR I opened a "Step Account" I declared my BR to them. Over 5 years around £100,000 has gone through the account without a hitch they have continually sent letters inviting me to upgrade my account. each time they then declined it due to my BR.
What a Dammed cheek they have to in effect "Judge" me as a Bankrupt Just remind me who bailed out the Nat West to the tune of £120,000,000,000? Oh I remember it was the Governemt, ie: All of us! They are hypocritical Barstewards. When you mention this fact they go all coy!

Andyb
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 21 April 2014 : 14:38:33
We will have to agree to disagree Andy.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

andyb53 Posted - 21 April 2014 : 14:27:41
Niobe
You are missing the point. The system is wrong and unless people as you put it ... "go on about it" nothing will change. It is only after constructive and valid criticism that things get changed / amended and without people making complaints, all the bank than say is.... Well we have not had any complaints so it must be OK!
Correct me if I am wrong but I would have thought a Forum dealing in Bankruptcy would be the ideal placed to discuss issues with banking post Bankruptcy??

Andyb
Niobe Posted - 21 April 2014 : 12:36:00
Andy - I have to agree with debtinfo here.

There is no point going on about NatWest or any other banks. You did your time and have come out the other end. Be glad that you did.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

andyb53 Posted - 21 April 2014 : 12:31:40
The reason the Nat West went Bust is because As so-called "professionals" they made greedy and wrong decisions to lend money to both individuals and third world countries who basically put up 2 fingers and refused to pay. I stress these are the people who are both highly trained AND PAID to make these lending decisions.
My point is that despite my perfect account record for 5 years and putting around £100,000 through the account, I am in effect treated like dirt on their shoes because of my Bankruptcy (which was actually caused by my now ex-wife spending every penny we had and some then buggering off leaving me the mess. I was in no way to blame and the Judge at the time said as much but this is never considered when it should be!. The Nat West caused it's own problems yet judge others as if their bankruptcy didn't exist This is wrong!!

Yes the whole Bankruptcy system is seriously flawed but unless it is looked at and things changed , it will never get better. It seems that Corporate companies large and small and countries can play the Bankruptcy laws to their advantage, or simply ignore them completely, yet the little guy in the street almost has the clothes stripped off his back to recover tiny sums of what was owed. the only winners being the Courts, Insolvency Service and the Legal bloodsuckers I understand that it is often the case that after all legal costs etc , only around 10% of what is recovered goes to the creditors.

Andyb
debtinfo Posted - 20 April 2014 : 21:30:39
sorry to say it but you could have started cleaning up your credit files 5 years ago, soon after you were discharged, i know that doesent help you now but for other people reading it might be an idea to start the clean up a few months after your discharge so you can avoid andyb's problem now.

It is correct for them to say that they can only show what the creditors send them, that is the way the system works. Thats not to say the information shouldn't be correct, it should be but your beef is with the data controller of the creditor not the credit agency. Viki has helpfully provided the process to follow and doing so it shouldn't take more than a few months to get it sorted.

As to your comments about the nat west, i think you could look at it another way. Given that they almost went bankrupt and needed bailing out by tax payers money (including mine) and the reason for it was bad debts that were not repaid, its not surprising that they are reticent to give people with poor track records of repaying account or credit.
Viki.W Posted - 20 April 2014 : 20:06:09
You have to write to the data controller of each creditor giving them 28 days to update the credit file. Send it recorded and keep the proof of sending.

If they don't update it, send another letter giving another 28 days.

If they fail to update your file then you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

If took me months and months to do mine!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page