Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I will soon be at that point where my bankruptcy will be removed from credit report

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clive26 Posted - 01 September 2015 : 10:39:34
Hi, I will soon be at that point where my bankruptcy will be removed from my credit report.. When this happens Will It be like a fresh start for example would i be accepted now for a loan, Car finance if i wanted to go that route again? and would i go through credit checks fine for new bank accounts etc with the knowlage that the bankruptcy had been removed and it would not show up on there systems when they do a credit check? Is that how it works? If you get what i mean :D Thanks from Clive :D
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 16 September 2015 : 12:03:11
I agree with the second point that you can answer no, but if you are asked if you have ever been bankrupt then you would have to answer yes.

I know that Natwest keep records way past the six years.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Blackie Posted - 16 September 2015 : 09:35:48
Hi clive26

It is very unlikely that you would be asked if you have ever been bankrupt, unless you went for particular employment in the accountancy or financial sector. The most likely scenario is that you may be asked if you have been bankrupt within the last six years. You can honestly answer in the negative. It also may be a good idea to get a copy of your credit report before applying for bank accounts etc to ensure that all traces of the bankruptcy have been deleted.

Kind regards

John Blackadder

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please telephone me on FREEPHONE 0800 298 0253
clive26 Posted - 01 September 2015 : 22:15:28
Ok Thanks Niobe for advice :)
Niobe Posted - 01 September 2015 : 14:39:39
You should be totally honest with them, you never know what they are going to do and some financial institutions keep records a lot longer than the reference agencies. It could be constituted as fraud if you don't declare it and it comes to light at a later date.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

clive26 Posted - 01 September 2015 : 14:11:12
So you mention that even when bankruptcy is removed from my credit Report that if someone asks have i ever been bankrupt i should still mention it and be honest that i had?.. could i not lie and say No.. as It wouldnt be on my credit Report.. If i did what is the worst that could happen?.. Surely a company wouldnt go further to investigate through the court other than a Full credit Check... As It would cost them?.. Just intriged that all. Thanks from Clive :)
Niobe Posted - 01 September 2015 : 13:33:47
Hi,

Glad you are nearly at the end. Hopefully you can get some high street rates for credit but of course if you are asked if you have ever been bankrupt you have to answer yes and a lot of them do ask these days.

Natwest might be a bank to avoid as they are not very friendly at all, neither are HSBC or First Direct. I believe Co-op, Barclays and Nationwide would be sympathetic.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page