Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 partner gets Child Tax Credits- ipaQuery

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 20 September 2008 : 15:12:35
I am due to move in with my partner and children soon.I have an IPA but because of the incresed expedture of us living together I feel the amount payed to it my decrease.
My question is I have a wage as my income and my partner gets Child Tax Credits-will the Child tax credits become part of the family total income when asssessing ME for the IPA?
If so hows does she pay HER debts?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John Posted - 20 September 2008 : 20:46:05
Hi
as I said before i'm no expert on benefits, allowances or tax credits but I agree with RHB as I would have thought that the tax credit payments will be affected by your moving into the household.

Also you have not mentioned rent and council tax.
If your partner is currently in receipt of benefits or allowances in respect of these expenditures this would almost certainly change if and when you move in.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
RHB Posted - 20 September 2008 : 18:14:19
Well the tax credits will defnitely reduce when you move in so you need to ring them to see how much by.
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 20 September 2008 : 17:23:48
Hi John thanks for your frank reply.
As far as the Examiner is concerened he knew that is was my plan to move in with my partner later on this year- I wrote it in the SOA and we talked about it at my interview.He said to let him know when I 'take the plunge' as I he will need to look into a newIPA.
She will still get Child Tax Credits as my income is not extreme but I was wanting to know is do I write what she contributes as 'other income'.
ie she gets £680 Tax credits her own debts are £380(credit card etc) so therefore only gives £300 to the family 'pot'.
John Posted - 20 September 2008 : 16:35:29
Hi
there are 2 issues here.
As far as it goes the OR should not interfere with our private lives.

That said, if you are paying into an IPA now, move in with your partner which will reduce your ability to pay, perhaps even remove the possibility altogether, the OR may take a dim view. You would need to complete a new I&E of course and your partners child tax credits would be taken into consideration as you must declare them as benefits to the household. If your partner is not working then her income contribution would be nil.

I'm not sure how child tax credits work but maybe they would be affected too by you moving in and using your income towards the household expenditure. As far as your partner's debts go she appears to have no income other than the child tax credits and if they are affected by your cohabiting the OR may again take a dim view of your income having to then cover her debts.

A chat with your examiner should give you all the answers you need before taking the plunge which could potentially impact on you all.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page