Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 Chat : bankruptcy support and keeping in touch
 br buddies
 OR Interview

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
i_t Posted - 22 June 2009 : 08:21:48
Hi all. Ive got my OR interview on wed 24th. Has anyone else dealt with Chester OR office? Have been talking with creditors over last week and its been a big weight off my mind to actually speak with them rather than ignoring the calls. Whats the worst things to expect during interview so I can at least prepare my mind? Still feeling a bit nervous as quite a lot rides on the outcome of interview!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 05 August 2009 : 06:45:21
jelojo - the monthly prepayment prescription card is great - just over a tenner a month for 10 months and the card is valid for 12 months and anything on prescription is paid for.

If you take a lot ot tablets, as I do, it pays for itself in no time.

You can apply for one here:

https://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/ppcdd/patient.do

All I will say about other bills is that if you can fund them from what is left of your share of DI you should be able to keep them.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Housing Posted - 04 August 2009 : 22:29:18
Hi Just to share...

My interview lasted all day - nearlyy 11 hours - we agreed to get down to it - it was two business that ran independently. We only BR the sole trader - the company I resigned as director for Companies House - small number of creditors for that firm - will deal when my BR is discharged.

11 hours, is some sort of record (or near record at least) He was gentle, professional and kind to me and even sai as i was going out the door, cal me XXXX (his first name Not MrXXXX as it could have been

You will be fine and I sen you my best wishes for the interview - tell the truth and you are NOT alone, believe me...Regards, Richard
Morwenna Posted - 02 August 2009 : 23:03:13
do you Know why you were not allowed the virgin bill??? is that different if you have kids mine have a lot of homework that has to be done on the internet???
jelojo Posted - 22 June 2009 : 19:48:24
Hi

I went br in chester. I have copied and pasted the description of my experience!!

Went ok, some of the questions were a bit awkward, but i just answered honestly, which seemed to work.

He asked me about my mobile phone as i have a pay as you go and contract. he wanted to know why i needed both in which i replied my pay as you go i use for work and contract is my mostly used due to free minutes.

He asked why i had so many credit cards, which i did feel he was being a bit judgemental but again seemed to accept my answers!

Talked about my car, and he said he would recommend i keep as i use for work but his decision wasnt final as was only the examiner not the OR. (I asked half way through if he was my OR and he replied no just an examiner as only 1 OR for whole of area!!!)

We talked about my rent and he asked if my landlord was a relative, in which i replied yes it is my sister. He said there wasnt a problem with this, however, if i had put £1500 instead of my £470 for rent they would be asking questions. but £470 seemed reasonable for a 3 bedroom house.

Bank account he is going to write a letter to say he has no interest in it, however, at end of day it is up to bank whether they keep me as a customer.

He asked a lot of questions about my partners old job and income. He is now unemployed and cannot contribute anything. This probably took up majority of interview!!!

He said i wont get a IPA (whoo hoo) i had £89 left over as well. I wasnt allowed the following:
£17 cat insurance (however, am allowed £15 cat food allowance so covers this he said)
£8 bank charge (covers roadside recovery)
£30 virgin TV,phone, broadband package
£10 beauty
and he took £40 off my travel expenses.

He asked about what my prescriptions were for and allowed the £15, but kinda hinted for me to look into getting a pay monthly ticket to save money!!

But overall not bad!!! Not good though having on a hot day like today, and was baking with nerves and heat!! lol

In total my interview lasted 50 minutes!
gettingoutofdebt Posted - 22 June 2009 : 18:54:47
During the OR interview they will ask when you took out the credit, how much it was for, how much is outstanding, the monthly repayment and the credit reference number. They will also ask what the credit was used for.

The OR will go through the I&E and if you have a vehicle they will let you know whether you can keep it.

That was pretty much it for my interview and it lasted about an hour.

Good luck

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page