Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 declared bankrupt today...and feeling good!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  19:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, just a quick note for all those that have helped with my enquiries on here over last few weeks!
i went down to the court and never been so nervous!! but it was fine went straight in and paid fees etc, then went away for over a hour (longest hour of my life!!!) but when i went back they returned my forms and didnt even need to see a judge!i cant believe what a relief it is to be finally on the road to a debt free life!!!
i feel so good for doing it!(after lots of thought previously and panicing!) but i can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!
just waiting for the OR to phone over next couple of days!any tips of this call?
regards

Edited by - lost hope on 19 January 2010 19:47:37

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  20:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad it went well for you today.

The phone call from the OR will just be a brief call to arrange a date for your interview. I think I had to confirm a couple of bank account numbers but that was it.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

30 IPA payments made, 6 to go - the end is in sight!
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  21:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the first day of your debt free life
12 months will go by in no time
glad it went well for you

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!

Edited by - chester2005 on 20 January 2010 11:18:53
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2010 :  16:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats lost hope

financial freedom has started

OR phone interview, the first phone call is normally a quick one just to find out a little about you and arrange proper time day for either interview in office or phone interview.

Do not worry if they call you into the office, some OR prefer face to face others will call you in just because they have a couple of points to clarify.

take / have available a copy of your statement of affairs, if they want supporting documents or other documents they will ask you to supply them.

If you ve got nothing to hide the interview is fine

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2010 :  13:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi lost hope,

Glad everything went smoothly for you. I understand how you feel as I was so nervous on the day I declared BK, but there was nothing to worry about really and I felt so relieved once it was done.
Everyone has different stories about their experiences with the OR. Personally, mine was no problem. In fact, 11 months on, I am still not sure whether I actually had the interview or not. It was about 2 weeks after I declared BK and only a brief phone call to confirm who I was. A few days later we spoke again and this time she wanted to know a bit more about my debt and any assets I had. It was in no way intrusive to be honest and she didn't even ask any 'awkward' questions. All in all it took half an hour on the phone and that was the last I heard from her. I don't even think she was the actual OR on reflection. I think she was part of the OR team and I have since been told that most people don't actually get to speak to the OR directly. It is usually someone from their team. All very misleading.
Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is never as terrifying as you imagine. I dithered over it for months before i finally took the plunge and I wish I had done it years ago now rather than struggling for so long.

Good luck in your debt free future

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page