Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 payrise with bankrupty?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  10:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya i am due for a pay rise in work, (i cant imagine its gonna be a huge one!) im guessing i will have to let the OR know?but was wondering how much will they take of my increase? im really struggling atm with all bills etc,(i have literally £1 left after all out goings!!) and an extra couple of pounds will help!but will they take it all?

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  11:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you have an IPA at the moment, if the rise is not much they may not take any, it depends on your outgoings as well
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  12:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OR will probably send you a new I&E to complete. If you are struggling at the moment then put down the amounts you actually spend on the new I&E. It may be that you underestimated your outgoings on the original I&E you completed when declaring BR.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  15:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you only have a pound left after outgoings then you may be paying too much already I would ask for another I&E anyway and make sure you are getting all your allowances, a pay rise normally means catering for increased living expenses
Go to Top of Page

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  23:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all your replies!!no i havent got a IPA yet but im worrid about getting one because i really cant afford it, i think even with a payrise!!i thought i would be alot happier after bankruptcy and im struggling more then ever!when i went bankrupt i hadnt been in my flat that long so think i may of underestimated!
is there any help i can get with rent or anything?
i appriciate im not suposed to have alot of surplus being bankrupt...but im finding half way through the month i have no money left even for essentials (food,petrol etc) and im trying to go so careful!!:(
Go to Top of Page

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2010 :  23:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
p.s also things like percriptions etc, i have no spare income for this kind of thing...dont no what to do!
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  08:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doing your I & E will help you see where the money is going & if you can make any cuts. I think if you are on a low income on your own & over 25 you can apply for working tax credits ( & i think you may be entitled to free NHS dental treatment & prescriptions) & also housing benefits. It may be that you might need to look for somewhere cheaper to rent though if you really are struggling.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  09:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not go along the CAB office they can help with I & E and also maybe sort out any benefits you may be entitled to and its free
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  10:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, the CAB are there for you to use, they are non judgemental and generally very good.

Good luck, Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Griffiths

Why not go along the CAB office they can help with I & E and also maybe sort out any benefits you may be entitled to and its free

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Go to Top of Page

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  17:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys!! im gonna try and get down to the CAB and see what they say!! what happens if i leave my current job...and get a better paid one... how do they work out the IPA? if i earn more money will it benifit me aswell or will they take it all?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  19:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no they will take a proportion so you will be better of just not as better off as you could be
Go to Top of Page

lost hope
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  22:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and i got to pay in to that for 3 years is it?what happens if my wages drop again...(different job etc) will i still have to pay it?
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2010 :  01:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every time your income or expenditure changes you can have IPA reassessed if your DI drops below £99 then it would stop
it only runs for 36 months not 36 payments so if your DI dropped below after 12 months and did not rise until after 36 months then it is all yours

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page