Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 so worried I have my heart in my throat!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

totally lost

116 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2010 :  15:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone.

I have been awaiting some comp money for what seems like forever and I now know I will receive this by mid May.
This means however, I haven't paid my creditors for just over 14 mnths and I have also recently been given a CCJ (Capitol One bank).
I find myself so worried every day I literally have my heart in my throat. Specially both in the morning until I am out of the house on my way to work and even more so every evening until 8pm as I cling on to the hope that any debt collectors dont come after 8pm.....
I cant really lock the front door as I rent, but I am so worried about debt collectors coming its making me nauseus every day!
I also am scheduled to pay the CCJ 18th April, but wount as I havent got the money...and also it would look like favoritism and my other debtors wouldnt like it.
What happens when I also miss a CCJ payment ????

I am loosing my sanity with worry now!! I so hoped to finally go to court this mnths, but now I have to wait until May.....

Any advise or been in similar situation...??

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2010 :  16:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Totally lost

I thought that you were going to have a chat with one of the experts, to discuss and plan your Bankruptcy.

I would suggest making the CCJ payment as that debt is more likely than others to generate unwanted visitors. Their is a seciton on BR forms for declaring where you have paid creditors in preference to others.

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2010 :  19:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Try not to stress too much - I know that is easier said than done.

I suggest (like Richard P) that you contact one of the insolvency experts that post on the forum. They will give you advice.

You may also consider making an appointment at the local CAB, or contact the National Debt Helpline or CCCS. They too will offer you guidance. It maybe that bankruptcy is not the best route or, conversely, it may well be the best route. Let an expert give you some initial advice.

You can also use the forum as a sounding board as there is a great deal of knowledge amongst the posters here. However, it sounds as though the clock is ticking so try to get professional assistance now.

I wish you well and again, I say, try not to stress too much and be positive, there will be a solution. Most of us have been where you are now!

Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Go to Top of Page

totally lost

116 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2010 :  08:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again and thank you for the replies:)

I am already under the guiding hands of Reviva, but as they are very busy I have been waiting for a return call for a few days now so I urgently needed comforting words from the forum/other people with similar experience.
Its not a case of 'whats the best solution for me' its just I need the money to go BR. And now the fee has gone up.

I wonder...would there have been some sort of correspondance gone out to my creditors stating that I am under professional help and my intentions are to declare BR very soon and that since I have no assets whatsoever there is no point pursuing me.....!!?

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2010 :  11:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Totally Lost

well done for speaking to Reviva, I know that Paul has taken a well deserved short break, Ken is about so keep trying the office hopefully you will make contact soon and he will be able to help. who on the team is helping you ?

Once you do speak to Reviva they will be aware of your recent paperwork and what position the creditors are in, they may be able to help with a holding letter.

I know from reading your previous threads, you are waiting for the car accident stuff to be sorted out so that you have the money for declaring BR , so it is a case of ducking and diving.

I ducked and dived for a similar amount of time, also got some CCJ's and had a heart flutter each time a van drove past my house.

I had one visitor to the house unfortuantly or fortuantly my Father in law met them at the door,(oops try explaining that over dinner !) I was not in and I arranged to meet the caller at a location away from my house, I ended up paying this creditor a nominal monthly fee, i declared it on my statement of affairs and it was not an issue.

whilst the creditor was recieving a regular monthly fee they did not revisit the house .

Hold in there, BR date is approaching and you will find the date in May such a release of pressure

regards RIchard
Go to Top of Page

totally lost

116 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2010 :  11:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard P

Hi Totally Lost

well done for speaking to Reviva, I know that Paul has taken a well deserved short break, Ken is about so keep trying the office hopefully you will make contact soon and he will be able to help. who on the team is helping you ?

Once you do speak to Reviva they will be aware of your recent paperwork and what position the creditors are in, they may be able to help with a holding letter.

I know from reading your previous threads, you are waiting for the car accident stuff to be sorted out so that you have the money for declaring BR , so it is a case of ducking and diving.

I ducked and dived for a similar amount of time, also got some CCJ's and had a heart flutter each time a van drove past my house.

I had one visitor to the house unfortuantly or fortuantly my Father in law met them at the door,(oops try explaining that over dinner !) I was not in and I arranged to meet the caller at a location away from my house, I ended up paying this creditor a nominal monthly fee, i declared it on my statement of affairs and it was not an issue.

whilst the creditor was recieving a regular monthly fee they did not revisit the house .

Hold in there, BR date is approaching and you will find the date in May such a release of pressure

regards RIchard

HI Richard and thanks so much for your words and advise.

Believe me, if I hadn't had Reviva (Malcolm) to help me I really would have lost my sanity by now!!
I really do feel ,as you say, that I am ducking and diving at the moment. I just so want this to at least be past the BR declaration state.
I also read now that OR's are looking into loan application forms etc....and this isn't helping my near-coronary state heart!!!!
I also haven't got the £50 the CCJ is expecting on the 18 April and just live from paycheck to paycheck...anyone else hating 5 week months?????? Long time between pay! DOH!
I do wish my creditors could be advised and accept my impending BR in May. As soon as I have my money I'll be booking the BR date!!!
I sometimes wonder how long the human heart can cope with this immense pressure feeling inside!????
If anyones ever seen the Simpson episode where they show a brief climpse of Mr Burns single twindling skinny artery into his heart, barely pumping away.....I feel like this every day!!! :)

....and breathe....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page