Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 renting and joint savings account
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2008 :  00:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be going bankrupt over the next few months. Would it be worth moving out of my motgaged property now and renting or would I have a problem in renting once bankrupt even if someone offered to give me 6 months rent in advance.

I would prefer to rent through an agent, would they still ask for references if I offered 6 months in advance.
I also have a joint savings account with my mother but none of the money is mine it is my mom's. When my dad died we decided to have my name put onto the account just in case anything happened to her. I have never personally put any money into this account and have never taken any out. As I said the account used to have my father's name on it and since he died his insurance was put in there and my father still gets paid a pension which is payable to my mother into this account. We intend closing the account and open a new one in just my mother's name. Can anyone touch this account after because as I said none of this money belongs to me?. Look forward to your replies

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2008 :  12:22:05  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Debt Rider,

First of all you need your mother to remove you from this account so it is in her sole name.

It may raise questions at your interview if the Bank decide to inform the Trustee that you were removed shortly prior to your Bankruptcy so try to get a paper trail of evidence together just in case.

Can I ask why you want to move from your mortgaged property?

Is it in a negative equity situation?

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2008 :  18:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Julian.

Thank you for your reply. Just wanted to some general feedback to my questions at this moment in time.

Debtrider
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2008 :  09:56:59  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Debtrider,

If you wish to discuss your case in more depth, please feel free to call the helpline.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page