Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 What do we do if we get early discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunshine
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2010 :  15:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I was last on here. Following our bankruptcy on 30 April this year we have just received new I&E forms to return to the OR and if there are no objections from creditors then they are going to give us an early discharge...nice christmas pressie!

My question is...what do we do if we get one?
My hubby has an IPA in his name but I didn't get one...as I am not working. What's the next step into returning to life as a discharged bankrupt?

It's been a roller coaster year and am looking forward to starting 2011 with a clean slate!

Thanks in advance, this forum has been amazing...

Merry christmas to you all,

Sunshine xxx

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2010 :  16:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

what a lovely christmas pressie! there is nothing for you to do, it just means that you will be discharged from bankruptcy...which means no longer bankrupt!!

It does not affect the IPA your husband has, that will be continued to be paid for its duration (36 months)

Nothing for you to do other than give your self a big pat on the back for coming through it and that you can now look forward to a debt free future (Oh, and stay clear of credit!!)

Melanie

Melanie Nicholas
29 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
email me at melanienicholas@jonesgiles.co.uk
telephone 01792 899996
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2010 :  07:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Melanie,

I shall look forward to being a 'former' bankrupt! To be back in control of one's life without worrying about the phone ringing or the postman coming, really is a wonderful feeling! x
Go to Top of Page

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2010 :  08:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could not have come at a nicer time of the year!

At least the only shock the postman is going to deliver is a card from somone you forgot to send one to! far nicer than those horrible threatening letters, when i got divorced and was in a mess finacially (yes, I am happy to say, I do not sit in an ivory tower dishing out advice, I have been in the debt hole! and understand its devastating effect on your life/family) I usd to dread the noise of the postman dropping the mail through the letter box! and will admit to sometimes hiding it in the drawer until i could face it !

All that is now behind you, well done, and here's to a debt free future for you and yours, don't forget where we are, we can still be a support, and also having come out of the other side, you will be an inspiration to others considering starting out on the bankruptcy process....don't be a stranger, Melanie

Melanie Nicholas
29 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
email me at melanienicholas@jonesgiles.co.uk
telephone 01792 899996
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2010 :  12:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news Sunshine. As Mel says, please keep in touch with the forum.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2010 :  17:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys...

I hope everyone who is worrying about debt at the moment can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I remember some of my first posts on here...I wasn't sleeping, couldn't eat...literally worried all the time.

Bankruptcy is not an easy option and there have been times this year when I have been very down about it...but I can safely say that it has been the best thing that has happened to us. It gives us chance to start again and more importantly to learn from our mistakes.

Good luck to everyone on here...I'm sure I'll be back from time to time...we still have an IPA until July 2013...yes I am counting! So it's not over by a long way....but it's a small price to pay to be debt free.

Big thank you to you all,

Sunshine xxx
Go to Top of Page

Mrsroller

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2010 :  15:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done on the great Christmas pressie. I am sure you are much more intelligent than me but please send the I&E forms back by recorded post. I received mine after only 4 months BR and sent them back end of January only to find out months later that they had 'not been received'. I ended up having to wait for normal discharge in the September. Good luck for the future!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2010 :  22:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd never even thought of that!!! Hubby posting them tomorrow, so will defo send them recorded....that's why I love this forum...thank you so much xxxxx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page