Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Could someone please look at my I&E ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2010 :  16:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am in court on Friday, and just finalising my forms, am seriously panicking about this, not eating, not sleeping, i'm making myself ill.
Will someone please be able to have a look at my I&E to see if there is anything I shouldn't have on there please.

Total household Income per month - £2846.39

rent 675.00
gas 90.00
elec 90.00
water 36.00
food 580.00 - inc nappies and work and school lunches
fuel 100.00
tv lic 12.00
mob x2 60.00
house phone 35.00
clothes 3 adults, 2 children 100.00
nursery 563.33
hair for 5 of us 35.00
work trav 160.00
car ins 35.00
council tax 100.00
car tax & maintn 30.00
house ins 15.00
sky/internet 30.00
dentist - 3 adults 30.00
breakfast club 32.50
dance class daughter 20.00
Opticians 10.00

total = £2838.83

Leaving £7.56 disposable

Thanks in advance :)

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2010 :  18:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is one of the adults a son/daughter who is over 18? If so then the OR may expect them to contribute to the income unless they are a student, unemployed, etc.

sky/internet 30.00 - Sky won't be allowed and the Internet is only allowed for educational purposes. If you have a landline/internet/sky package then just put this down as Telephone or Internet if someone in the property needs it for educational purposes.

breakfast club 32.50 - I'm not too sure what this is. Is this a children's pre-school activity?

dance class daughter 20.00 - After school activities can be a bit dodgy and are not always allowed. Keep it in and see what the OR says.

Everything else looks ok although the OR may query the gas/elec at £180 per month. If they do you may need to send them the last few bills to prove that is the amount you pay.

Good luck on Friday!

Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2010 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply.. Is the basic package of sky not allowed? We do nothing else and to be honest it's more for the kids than me and my husband. Yes the 3rd adult is my 17 year old son, he was in college but not anymore, he's currently seeking employment but not having any luck, so even though we get no extra money for him, we still have to provide everything for him. Breakfast club is for my daughter, she goes to school at 8am for me to be able to catch the train to be on time for work.
As for the gas and elec, I can provide proof of this so that won't be a problem for us... I do hope we are allowed to let my daughter continue with her dancing, she loves it and it would be a shame to have to stop after spending so much on the uniform and exams etc...
My daughter who is 5 does use the internet to help her with school, there are activities on the school website which help her, she is in a welsh speaking school so this does help a lot. Also helps my husband and I as we don't actually speak the language but are learning through the internet.

Hope this clarifies everything

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2010 :  21:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,

Sky is classed as a luxury (?!) But as gettingoutofdebt has said, just put it together with your telephone/internet.

You breakfast club/childcare will be ok.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2010 :  13:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah,
if the OR/examiner pares you down on some claims, don't forget the examiner can allow an additional £10 per family member for other expenses under the new IPA rules, but you have nothing down for monthly contributions to a UK holiday, which can be between £50-70 per month. The technical manual that the insolvency service uses clearly states this,it can make all the difference when your I&E is assessed!

Big Al
Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  08:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for your reply's... Well we did it, was in court yesterday, we were the only ones there and got there 50 minutes early lol (not eager or anything, thought there would be more traffic than there was). Had interview with a lovely lady who went through our forms, then took our fee. We then had to wait to see if we had to go in front of the judge, which we didn't (phew!) had a brief telephone conversation with the OR and made another appt for 20th Dec. All in all we were there about 2 and half hours, but this is nothing to the relief we will now get from not worrying about opening the blinds on the front window, can now answer the telephone without panicking... I would like to thank everyone who has helped us on this forum as without finding this I really think I would have pulled my hair out, BigAl especially, you have been a gem to us and I really hope 2011 is a better year for you :)
Thanks again everyone, will repost when we have had our interview on the 20th Dec...
:)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  08:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it went ok. Try not to worry too much about the OR's interview and it will be good to get everything sorted this side of Xmas so you can relax and enjoy the Xmas/New Year holidays.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  08:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gettingoutofdebt, it will be a huge relief to get everything sorted before Christmas, I got a feeling 2011 will be a much better year for us :)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  10:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad everything went well for you Sarah.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  18:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't it feel better once BR is finally faced?
I have my OR telephone interview on Monday 13th Dec' & am working on feeling positive & not judged. Good Luck with the 20th & let us know how your telephone interview goes.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2010 :  21:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it feels much better glafy, I wish you all the luck in the world with your interview, hope all goes well for you :)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2010 :  00:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Sarah,
well done at court, wasn't as bad as you imagined? like most things official what actually happens is totally different to what you imagined,mainly due to urban myths etc,the interview will turn out the same I should imagine, so let me know how it goes!

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then a case of beer and my petrol costs are all I ask!!
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2010 :  16:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah,
Had OR telephone interview today, all very straight forward, was only asked to confirm my details in section 1 plus what I had used 2 store cards for, the rest of interview focused on negative equity advice & the fact that they would contact me in the New Year. My interview lasted 6 mins, hubby was interviewed first and his lasted nearly an hour, but I know that this covered most of my information so totalled an hour altogether.
Just be organised, have all your info in front of you plus a pen & paper & be honest. I admitted that I couldn't remember why some of the debt exsisted as it was so long ago. I know that this advice wont really help and you'll not feel better until your telephone interview is over but have faith and think of the debt free future. I know that I am and will NEVER return to this stage again. Good Luck for the 20th & let us know how you go on.
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2010 :  00:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
as Glafy said, have any relevant documents to hand for your interview, and if you can't remember when a particular card was taken out and how the balance accrued, just admit you don't know, for most people it will have been used to provide for everyday living costs. Most examiners know if there has been any misconduct, so there's no need to worry, good luck!

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2010 :  11:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have just had my interview with the OR.. I was on the phone about 20 minutes and my husband about the same, wasn't as bad as I expected, but we are still in the dark as to whether we will have to pay into an IPA. The OR who was supposed to do our interview is unable to get into work so had someone who deals with businesses in BR. She is going to try and look at the guidelines this afternoon and check out SOA and hopefully ring me with some news later on today. The good news is that we can keep our car... Will post again later if I hear anything, Thanks everyone for all your support :)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Toolong
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2010 :  13:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Sarah, it must be a huge relief to know have that over with. My interview is tomorrow afternoon and know I will hardly sleep tonight. Not that I've anything to hide, I'm just a born worrier. Glad its (semi) over for you x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page