Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Will the OR just turn up ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2011 :  22:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi i have been to court today and had a bancryptcy order put on me what happens nowwhen i asked the judge about the official reciever how and when he said he didnt really know will they just turn up ?

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  08:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Corrina,

Do you have a business?

The Official Receiver will be in touch by phone to set a meeting up with you which is done over the phone or face to face. They won't just turn up at your home.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  09:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thankyou viki no i dont have a business just my house

Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  10:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Corrina.
Welcome to the forum.
Kepp posting on here for any advice/information, There are lots of Expert on this site who will try to answer any questions you may have. Lots of us Non Experts too who can provide you with a bit of moral support or shoulder to lean on.

Good Luck & Welcome to the forum.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  12:13:26  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thankyou gaffy as i said on my previous post i went to court yesterday and this was done for bancryptcy i walked out of there bewildered as the judge couldnt tell me who when where how i have an appointment with a solicitor tomorrow as i do not have a clue only what i have read on here i no i am very scared about what will happen with my house but cant answer any questions i keep asking myself until i get advice

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  12:14:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Corrina

The OR will normally contact you within a few days of the court.

this will be an initial hello and confirm name and address.

An appointment for either a phone interview or face to face interview will be made.

if you have listed on your statement of affairs, an asset (Rembrandt, vintage car, etc ) they will arrange a time to collect.(only cold call if you do not cooperate)

from the time the judge puts a signature on the court order all of your possessions (ownership title) passes to the Official receiver. The OR then releases ownership over a period of time.

Once BR you could not even if you wanted too (?) give any of your assets to any of your creditors.

RIchard
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  12:29:14  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i havent listed anything i didnt write anything the only information the judge had was what the debt company gave him it was taped but that was it yes i own my house it is so confusing

Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  13:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very bewildering time for you Corrina but as you will have read, The Experts will try to answer as many questions as possible so do keep on posting any queries.

When the Official Recievers (OR) office telephone you, they will ask if you have any questions and will want to ensure that you fully understand the process. It is probably a good idea to get started on writing down anything you want answers to, as it will be hard to remember all the questions that are buzzing around in your head!!

I think it is possible to ask for a face to face interview & you may feel better doing this than talking over the telephone.
Let us know how things progress.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  13:05:52  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thankyou glafy for that as i said i have moved into the unknown before i went in to see the judge had to sit in a room with the debt company that took me to court i told him i really didnt understand he told me the or will just come in maybe the next day or the next few days i was so scared until i posted on here and was told that would not happen the most important question i need to ask them are about my house i no if i added my debts together they would be more than the equity in the house but dont no anything further

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  13:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Corrina

you can ask for a face to face but if the OR suggests a telephone interview take it.

The OR is not a monster, they will help the best they can , yes they have a job to do and as long as you answer the questions truthfully and to the best of your ability / knowledge, neither style of interview should upset you.

yes the apprehension can be stressfull

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  19:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what exactly does negative equity mean please anyone

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  20:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It means that your house is worth less than you owe on it, i.e. house worth £150k, mortgage £200k.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  21:51:55  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thankyou tracyjr for answer

Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2011 :  19:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi just to let no how i am doing i have spoke to a solicitor today and feel a little bit more at ease however on returning home have my bancruptcy pack through the post and now have my or meeting on the 22nd february scared a lot one thing i want to ask have been told not to pay any of my debtors but i can still pay my mortgage cant i cos i dont want to be in trouble with them as well can anyone help please thanks

Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2011 :  20:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes you can still pay secured creditors
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2011 :  20:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
secured creditors ? i have got debts but nothing secured on my home they are unsecured debts so only my morgtage really ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page