Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I was automatically discharged on Friday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayne.ajj
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2011 :  21:35:05  Show Profile  Visit Jayne.ajj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I was automatically discharged on Friday, with no IPA. The last 12 months have flown by and I now feel that a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders :). Although I havent been on the forum that much whenever I have you guys have been quick to answer my questions and put my mind at rest. I really want to thank you all for your help :) :). I just have one question..what do I do now?! I've printed off my details from the register confirming AD, is there anything else I need to do?

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2011 :  21:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! You'll need to check your credit files with Experian, Equifax and Callcredit, and then contact your creditors to get them to remove any defaults entered after the date of your BR.

Have a look at the link below for really good tips for what you need to do:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=677875

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2011 :  22:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats from me as well.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  08:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats great news. Good luck for the future. Can I ask what was it like for you during the year of BR???

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Super news for you.

Think the first thing I will do on D Day is cry...Ha ha, well that and have a nice drinkies!!

Let us know how you celebrate & keep us updated on how things go from now on.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  10:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Jayne

welcome back and congratulations

re question what do i do now ? reply what do you want to do ?

you are discharged from BR with no obligations to contact the OR.

your only obligation is to you and your family, you have a clean slate, so what do you want to do ?

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  14:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jayne,
well done, next thing is to clean up your credit file, this link may help:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=677875

Again well done!

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

LadyJay
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  21:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for your responses and help as always :)

Glafy - I drank waaaaaaaayyyyy too many cocktails Friday night celebrating my release! Hangover wasn't too good Saturday if I'm honest, LOL.

Crazee67 - when I walked out of Court a year ago I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders - I could sleep properly for the first time in years. Then several months into my BR my OR wrote to me 5/6 times saying they wanted an IPA, this was when my money worries started again, I didnt believe I had enough DI to make a monthly payment. I kept my nerve and each time wrote back (v.politely of course!) stating why I didnt think I could afford one and that my bills had increased tc. Each time a letter came through I'd lose sleep again for a week or 2, thankfully (and eventually) they wrote and advised that they wouldnt be requesting an IPA, that was about a month before my AD. To be honest it was only on Friday when my year was up that I actually felt free. I know there's still a long way to go before I can get a mortgage but the last 12 months have whizzed by so I'm sure the next 6 years will whizz by and before you know I'll be on the property ladder again :).

My colleague at work confided in me recently that she had gone BR last month, bless her, she had loads of unanswered questions. I immediately pointed her in the direction of this forum and helped with the small questions which I could answer from the help I have previously had from you guys on here.

This forum is an absolute god send - I love you all!! :)
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  22:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow thats really interesting stuff Jayne. Thank you so much for sharing it. I do really wonder what is is like during BR. Yes you are right the next few years wil whizz by and you will soon be right up on that ladder again. i wish you all the best

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  10:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update ladyjay.
Always helpful for posters to hear others experiences.

....Now get back on those Cocktails!!!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page