Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, Both myself and my partner intend on going BR.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah.wb
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  16:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Sarah.wb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Both myself and my partner intend on going BR. We are now living in rented acc. since volantarily vacating our mortgaged house which also had a secured loan attached. Are the mortgage and secured loan now classed as unsecured debt as there is no longer a property in question? Another question is that when I list my creditors on the BR forms there will be a fair few, possibly 15+, will this be frowned apon or quite accepted and usual?
Many thanks for your help

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  17:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sarah

welcoem to the forum

although you have vacated the property the debt will only be unsecured once the property has been sold then exact debt will be known, however this will not effect you from petitioning

only 15 + creditors ? as long as you have entered clearly the causation for each creditor and you have not obtained serious high credit in the months immediatly prior to petitioning for BR should not be a problem.

what court are you planning to go to ?
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  17:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah and Welcome to The Forum.

I hope that this site can help & advise you & your partner on your journey through BR.
Lots of experts out there who will glady give their knowledge to help you along.
Don't worry about numbers of creditors or amounts owed. Every case is different.

Good Luck.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

set1077
Starting Member

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  18:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for replying.
The house has been sold so I guess it is now unsecured.
We will be going to Neath Port Talbot court.
My finances are in such a mess and I had my head in the clouds for so long I hope I get all the creditors right. Will they let me add ones I've forgotten about at a later date if necessary?
Also the BR forms are rather intimidating, do most people fill them in themselves?
Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  19:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
15 creditors is about average, as long as you dont have about 150 creditors, then you start upseting the OR's clerks that have to type all the info into the computer systems :-)

alljoking aside, the forms may seem intimidating but once you get started they are pretty straightforward, most people do fill them in themselves, there are people who will do it for you and of course chrage for their time. I always say that you might as well give it a go yourself first as it costs you nothing, feel free to ask what questions you want on here, we are happy to help. To give you a start question 1.1 is your name, no one knows that better than you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page