Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I purchased a reposession in Dec 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew.85
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  17:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Andrew.85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I purchased a reposession in Dec 2009.It turns out part of the garden was on a separate deed and missed by the mortgage company.The trustee in Bankruptsy is now dealing with it. I want to buy it but he is asking silly money. I have put in an offer way above market value but now he won't even respond to my letters or phone calls. How long can he keep it and can I go to arbitration or appeal somewhere.

many thanks

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  17:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, it's theirs to do as they see fit with. Patience can be a virtue though, & you ma find in time they are only too willing to sell at a price ou find acceptable further down the line.

BTW, it's our solicitor at fault as regards not checking the deeds not the mortgage company.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  17:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless they can get planning permission to build on it, which may up thhe price.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  21:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, if they dont want to sell at your price there is nothing you can do, just the same as if it was your neighbor, makes no difference that it is a trustee in bankruptcy, cold they sell it to anyone else for instance as RHB has mentioned to a builder or perhaps to one of your other neighbors, ie could there be other buyers or would no one else buy it apart from you, this affects your negotiating position significantly
Go to Top of Page

olly928
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2011 :  12:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The additional part of garden was purchased 11 years ago with a covenent that it could only ever be used as garden for my property.All of the surrounding land is owned by a large estate (they sold it in the first place) The chief planning officer has said there is no chance of planning permission. It is around a third of an acre and is of no use to anyone else due the covenant, access etc.
The trustee has to sell it to me and I have to buy it from him.As land it is only worth £1,000
Go to Top of Page

Reviva UK
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2011 :  19:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Trustee doesn't have to sell. He can hold onto the asset for a long time. He also may value it at considerably more than the £1000 as he may feel that it adds significant value to your property.

At the end of the day it is down to negotiation.

Paul Johns

Edited by - Niobe on 08 April 2011 17:14:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page