Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Income Payments Agreements, Income Payments Orders
 Income Payments Agreements
 Nil tax code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Essie

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2011 :  21:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

My pay slips still don't show a nil tax code (I was made br in march). I sent back all of the paperwork re my br and gave details of my employer.

Will they apply it eventually? Will it apply for 12 months following br or 12 months from being given?

Should I be chasing the hmrc / OR or should I stay quiet about it. So far I've been quiet as I don't want to draw attention to myself although posting this is bound to result in the or getting in touch. I think they have a weird sixth sense to me asking questions.

I'm getting more and more stressed out everyday about this and the ipa and my other issues. I don't know what's worse - my current worry about the br and what's going to happen or the worry prior to br of not being able to pay the bills. At least then I could go shopping to cheer myself up. I have learnt such a lesson about spending, but I'm going out of my mind with stress.

Thanks guys,

E x

Finally got head out of sand in October 2010
BR March 2011

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2011 :  22:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Providing you have given all your details there is nothing else you can do. The ball is in HMRC's court now and they will eventually get around to applying the nil tax code. This will only last until the end of the current tax year, not for 12 months.

You can prove the NT code hasn't been applied so you've got nothing to worry about x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Essie

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2011 :  22:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that.
If I was made br at the end of the last tax year (march 2011) would the nt be for this tax yr or last? Many thanks again.

Finally got head out of sand in October 2010
BR March 2011
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2011 :  22:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You won't get one now, so don't worry about it
Go to Top of Page

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2011 :  08:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Essie

From the information that you have provided, you became bankrupt in the financial year 2010/2011 - albeit at the end of the financial year. The nil tax code only becomes operational in the tax year in which you became bankrupt. These are the rules and cannot be changed. Please try not to worry. In actual fact it shouldn't be of any concern to you. Either the Inland Revenue will get your Income Tax contributions or the OR will. You should not be worse off at all either way

All the best

John Blackadder

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please go to www.bankruptcy365.co.uk.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page