Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 Spending cash meant for the OR? Help!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hammy0107

399 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2008 :  11:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some of you will know i have recently sold my shares in a buisness prior to going BR. I received £11450 but with the cost of a valuation on my home and the BR fee i was left with £10800. I had my car serviced and needed tyres and brakes, this brought available cash to £10350. I had to use £100 to live on as we were really broke, leaving £10250. I have submitted my SOA and stated i have £10250 available to pay into my estate. Today we are due to buy our son new bedroom furniture, he will be 3 in October and still in a cot. My wifes parents had promised us £300 towards the cost of the new furniture and carpet and this morning have told us they can't help us after all. We have already paid for the carpet and a deposit on the furniture and are now short by £300. If i now use £300 of the money that should be for the OR and only have £9950 after saying i will have £10250 am i going to be in trouble??? £9950 is still a fair amount to pay into my estate but my worry is that this amount is £1500 less than i received for my shares and is £300 less than what my SOA states i have available.

Sorry this is so long winded but i am really worried about this and the furniture is due to be delivered in a few hours. If i don't use this money then i will lose a deposit of £100 and my son really does need the furniture (right now he doesn't have a bed as we have already broken up his cot).

Reassurance desperately needed please.

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2008 :  13:45:41  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Hammy,

Given what the expenditure is going to be used for, and the relatively small amount, I'm sure the OR won't have an issue. However, try to make this the last time you dip into those funds!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2008 :  12:36:58  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Julian - especially his advice to not dip into those funds any more. The more you dissipate that asset, the more risk there is of being criticised for realising it prior to the bankruptcy.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2008 :  13:17:06  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thnaks Melanie, it's nice when we agree :)

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page